Chapter 58: Chameleon

here they are, on the field after a long time training with Jae their 'recovering-from-an-injury' captain. 

"so finals are just 15 days away I want you all to put your head in the game and play to the fullest" Jake instructed before clapping thrice and resuming practice.

"Okay, what the fuck how do you run so many laps fucking hell I am tired" Jae paused while panting to take a breath.

"start running Jae or else your coach will unironically smack your head and something more" Semi winked while jogging.

Jae side-eyed her then continued to groan and started running slowly behind the others.

"Are we having a tough time running? " Jake appeared out of nowhere and whispered to Jae.

"fuck yes this is so tiring I think my lungs will explode" she complained.

"Well, get used to it" he spoke, leaving her behind.

'yeah, the coach is back' she thought and ran knowing the noticeable personality change and thought of a nickname; chameleon.

"alright so now we will do the drills in pairs and then penalty shootouts, am I clear"

"yes Jake!" everyone yelled

"come on come on get into pairs let's do this"

soon after a 4-hour long and strenuous practice, they were dismissed for the day. Most of the girls immediately rushed to take a shower while some cooled off by sitting on the bleachers.

"so miss jaebae how was practice," minji asked after joining Semi and Jae who were sitting on the field.

"it was shit but it'll get better,"

"yeah besides now she can see Jake go back to his cold side for her, just look at them it feels like how life was 3 months ago"

"yeah he makes no partner privilege very clear and besides I need to push my limits," Jae said and started to stretch a little bit.

"yeah let's go and freshen up I'm all sweaty" Semi said and two followed her into the changing room.

after a long and cleansing bath Jae noticed that Semi and minji were long gone and that she had taken half an hour taking a steaming hot shower. Jae got ready and stepped out of the premises.

"Long hard day today?" Jake asked while leaning on his car.

"very much," Jae said and stood beside him.

"then let's get you in bed" he unlocked the car and they sat inside.

the weekend music was playing softly in the background as they were headed home 

"Jake you need a haircut" Jae touched Jake's hair and spoke.

"No no keep your hands off my hair you don't get to touch it" he shrugged her hand off.

"Let me cut it please I'll make you so hot, you'll cry looking in the mirror" she requested.

"Yeah I will cry only because I will come out looking like a chicken" he side-eyed her.

"Just so you know my high school boyfriends would die for me to cut their hair" she said and looked out of the window.

"Well now you are in college so deal with it" he smiled and continued their drive home.

"Thanks for the ride or whatever" Jae kissed his cheek after reaching home.

Days passed by and slowly but steadily, the kwonggan women's football team got stronger. Ups and downs came along the way but they were all ready to face the situations. December started with a cool breeze to their sweaty foreheads and 3 days before the main event rest days had started for the players. It was a big achievement to qualify for the finals of the very first season they played in. 

"rise and shine people it's my birthday tomorrow" sunghoon texted in the gc with Semi, minji and Jae. 

They didn't need a reminder, sunghoon had been very excited about his birthday for the past ten days. Randomly spamming their gc with sentences like 'its the king's birthday 👑🎂', 'it's your favourite boy's birthday🤙🏻🎂'. Jake and Jay were very close to kicking him out of the gc and on the other hand, the girls just thought he was a cutie for being so kiddish. 

Sunghoon's birthday was a little stress buster for everyone, they played, they laughed, they ate, they drank (except semi ofc), and it was a joyous little party with sunghoon. He really knows how to entertain each one of them and he's a sweetheart for it. 

"hey, sunghoon! Be my 18th birthday party organizer next week," Semi said now making everyone realize that birthdays for the year weren't over.

"oh yes one more birthday, more cake for me" Jay said his mouth full of cake 

"This boy is in full demand" sunghoon spoke while placing a pair of sunglasses on his head "Come on let's click pictures" he continued.

Jae had a Polaroid camera with her which came in very handy to capture this moment with her favourite people. It was getting darker and sunghoons birthday was coming to an end, he wanted to go to his parent's house to celebrate the last few hours with them and so the party came to an end with everyone going back to their houses.

"pretty phone case you got there" Jake said through his helmet staring at jae's phone case which had their newly clicked Polaroid behind the clear case. 

"Everything I have is pretty," she said and got onto his bike.

"alright my pretty-pretty lady hold on tight"

_____________________

hi (with the intention of not disappearing again)