Chapter 4: Attention

"It's a Saturday, we'll train for 5 hours today, don't pretend to faint or else I'll make it 10 hours" Jake said while jogging along with the team he had been slogging the entire month. Yes, a month had gone by and the team had started dealing better with their training. He was grim no doubt but it only resulted in them becoming fine players. 

The whole team had started to get along with one another with of course a few exceptions like Byun Jae and Kwon Sera. Jae tried to be kind to the others helping them when they needed anything while still not warming up to the newly appointed coach. On the other hand, Kwon Sera was the opposite, she had still not warmed up to the team but was very kind with things related to Jake.

"Hey Jae, I am on my period....I won't actually faint right?" Iseul asked while jogging beside her worried.

"Oh no no you won't. Have you eaten something before coming here?" Jae looked over to her side while jogging.

"No, I didn't and as soon as I got here and changed my clothes, that's when I realized that it had started and, to be honest, it hurts like hell" Iseul replied and sighed.

"Oh I see, when we get a break I'll hand over my ice lolly to you"

"You have ice lolly? with you? right now?" 

"Yeah it is in a small ice box in my bag, trust me it's not that weird to have cravings for chocolate ice cream after practice or maybe I am addicted" Jae chuckled making the other laugh as well.

"Wow harsh looking Jae from the outside but a softie on the inside" Iseul joked.

"Softie only for the real ones," Jae said but was soon cut off.

"Why don't I be a little annoying huh? if you wanna gossip then join another club I have no place for old hags in my team" his cold voice pierced through everyone's ears once again

"Whatever," Jae mumbled and rolled her eyes. 

"We'll do five new drills today, get in position and then we'll have a half an hour break. We can then divide into 2 teams and play a half-field match" Jake instructed and started with the drills with the team. 

"We will be doing each drill 15 times. If any mistakes are made you know the protocols and if you have forgotten about it then let me remind you that you will have to repeat the drill, do you get it?"

"YESS JAKE" and in tiny a small yes coach from Jae like always 

The drills went on for 2 hours without a break. Jae glanced towards Iseul to check if she was doing fine and guessed she wasn't by the look on her face. She was scrunching her nose and frowning her face due to the pain. And the next moment before she knew Iseul had fainted falling to the ground. Immediately Jae stopped the drill and rushed towards the fainted girl.

"Hey, Iseul are you okay?" Jae asked and patted her cheeks to wake her up.

"what are you doing out of your pair?" Jake asked as he strode towards them.

"Iseul has just fainted coach, please get me some water please," Jae looked up to him worry evident on her face.

"you never know if she is faking it"

"She is not!" Jae raised her voice.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW?!" 

"She is on her period something only women go through now if you would be kind enough and get me some water it'll be of good help" 

"Jae here" Semi gave her a bottle of water which she took and started splashing the water on Iseul's face. 

"Since when did you start caring so much about your teammates? unless you like Iseul-" Sera spoke after clearing her throat. 

"Kwon Sera you better watch your mouth before spewing out any rubbish. I care about everyone here well except you " She finished by giving her a sweet sarcastic smile.

"Jae help Iseul to the changing room and come back after giving her something to eat. You can tell her to go home and rest she won't be training today" Jake said while helping Jae get a hold of the unconscious Iseul. 

"Everyone get back to practice Jae's partner and Iseul's can pair up for now. Sera come on," he said resuming the training.

"thank you, Jae thanks for helping me out" iseul who was now having Jae's ice lolly said thanking her 

"It's fine don't mention it. Coach said you can go home and skip the rest of today's practice," Jae informed before giving her a small smile and leaving. As she came out of the changing room she saw that the team had already resumed training. Her attention went to a specific pair--
Kwon Sera and Jake train while holding each other's hands for the particular drill.

Jae rolled her eyes in annoyance. She couldn't deny the fact that Jake was indeed an attractive and handsome guy and Sera didn't even try to hide her emotions for the latter. She kept repeating her mistakes while Jake was correcting her.

'And she said that she is an MVP who would save our sorry team' Jae scoffed as she thought to herself and returned to the field.

"I am back coach" 

"Sera do the solo drills, Jae will do the partner drills with me," Jake said making her internally widen her eyes.

Jae still managed to keep her straight face and stood in front of him. Sera who looked like she was fuming in anger for being separated from him eyed them all the time. Jae was perfect in doing the drills without any issue unlike herself who was replaced for making so many mistakes.

'So this is how you show what kind of a player you are. Never mind Byun Jae if that's how you are then I think it's time stupid Sera showed you who the greatest football female player is" Sera said to herself and decided that it was now a competition.

for what though, for the best player? for being the captain? 

or for being next to Jake Sim

____________________________________________________________

drop your votes and comments <3