Forty-Six

Everyone had gone, and Astrid was exhausted from it all. Waving her hand around her living room, she cleaned it up, and dropped to sit on her couch, resting her head back. Bruce was gone, and she was lost without him. The last few months were hard, but his heart attack came out of nowhere, and taken him from her.

How was she meant to carry on? To keep watching her kids, grandkids, everyone grow older, and pass on while she still looked 30? The only ones she had that would understand, were Thor, Loki and Wade.

Wade had a genetic mutation, his cells rapidly healing, so he didn't age like normal humans did, he got lucky, still looking like he was 35. The mutation came in hand when he would get injured or lose a limb, something he had gone through more than once. She had hoped he would've come today, she needed him. He was her best friend, was there for her when she needed him, understood her better than anyone else, except Bruce.

Kicking off her shoes, she shifted to lay back on the couch, stating up at the ceiling, her thoughts twisting in her head, so lost in loss, until a sharp pain in her thigh brought her out of it and she hissed. She shot up, seeing a blade in her leg, and she growled in annoyance, yanking it out... 'Where the fuck were you?!..'

'Paybacks a bitch isn't it? Had to wait until  you were alone..'.. He strolled in and dropped onto her legs, making her grunt and she punched him hard in the arm.

'Fuck you..'.. She shoved him off her to the floor, and kicked him... 'Fuck you asshole! Get the fuck out!..'.. She went to kick him again and he yanked her off the couch. She shoved at him and got to her feet just as he did, and swung for him... 'I needed you! You fucking prick!..'

He caught her wrist, and swiped a leg behind hers, slamming her down to her coffee table that it broke beneath her... 'No you didn't, stop being such an emotional pussy, get over it. Fucking psychotic bitch..'.. He looked around, heading to the kitchen... 'Where's the booze at? If I got to deal with you like this, I'm gonna need a bottle..'

Astrid growled, grabbing one of her shoes at throwing it at the back if his head. She was beyond fucking angry right now. Every time he needed her, she was there, but he had flaked when she needed him the most... 'Get the fuck out of my house!..'

'Relax. You hormonal or some shit?..'.. He scoffed, and carried on to the kitchen. Astrid picked up the blade from the floor and rushed at him, but he had spun round, and kicked her full force in the chest, sending her to the floor... 'The fuck is wrong with you? You've gone soft..'.. He shook his head in disappointment, and saw a bottle of vodka in a cupboard, pulling two glasses off the rack... 'Get off the floor, and stop being such a cunt. He's dead, Get over it..'

Astrid saw red at his casual remark, and threw a powerful blast at him as she screamed in rage. He flew back through the French doors behind him, landing on the deck as glass rained down on him. She stormed towards him, her power crackling around her as he coughed and groaned, rolling onto his back as he looked up at her... 'Feel better now?..'

Astrid cursed every god she knew under her breath, of course he baited her, pushed her, this motherfucker just had to do it... 'I really fucking hate you..'.. She growled at him, and moved back to the kitchen island, grabbing one of the glasses he just poured, slamming it back and pouring another. She conjured a flask of ale, pouring a fair amount in each glass, as she heard Wade get up, and come back in.

'You've always hated me, what else is new..'.. He punched her in the arm as he moved to grab a stool from the breakfast bar, sitting on it... 'You want pity instead?..'