Eight

It had been two weeks since the battle and thankfully, her bar was untouched. She only ever worked out front, when it got busy, otherwise she was upstairs in her apartment, going through all the files she had created on SHIELD, the Avengers, each one of them and she did a really deep dive of them all. Hell, it was easy. Having magic sure made things simple for her.

She would go to the Triskilion twice a week, and siphone files. She was thankful Loki taught her how to cast illusions, so she always made sure she was one of the few level 10 agents that were there. She spent years trying to learn and study as much as she could, and found that she was really good, at hacking into systems, undetected.

Tapping her pen to the pad in front of her, she had created a timeline of information about Jane Foster. From her family, her education, known associates. If Astrid was going to play this off, she would befriend the woman, and become the confidante.

Astrid looked up at the wall in front of her, seeing the pictures of people Thor had interacted with. This was going to be so much fun. Starting with Foster, she would break his heart. Then the Avengers, break his trust and self esteem. If she could get hold of Mjolnir, she'd destroy that too, brwak his spirit. She already had a plan for Frigga and Odin, she just needed to find the pathway back to Asgard. It wouldn't matter how long it would take, she had eternity.

Her phone buzzed on the arm of the couch next to her and she picked it up, sighing at the name. She answered the call, putting it on speaker as she kept working.

'Hey Storm..'.. She smiled, missing her friend. Though Astrid was way older, Storm now looked older that her.

'Astrid..'.. Storms voice came out as a sigh... 'The professor has been trying to get a hold of you, he wants to talk. He saw what happened on New York, and we've been worried..'

'I was with Wade when it went down. Look..'... She put her pen and pad down, picking up her phone and walking out of the room, to her living room, and switching the call to video. A second later, Astrid smiled, seeing her beautiful friends face... 'I get that you're all worried, but Thor has returned back to Asgard with Loki. Considering everything, I doubt he's going to come back..'

We just wanted to make sure you've not gone a murder spree like your brother..'.. The phone was pulled away, and she smirked, seeing Logan.

'You know, Im the normal one of the litter. Thors stupid as shit, Loki well, I have no idea what that was about..'.. She rolled her eyes... 'Odin and Frigga are the worst parents in the universe. Trust me, im the nice one..'

'Look, I talked with the professor. We know you're busy, but I told him I'd fly over, come check on you, once a month. Thought it was better than him coming to get you..'.. Logan tells her.

'I got Wade, Logan. I don't need a babysitter checking in on me. I haven't killed anyone, not here on earth anyway..'.. She scoffed, walking to her large windows.

'I don't like the thought of you playing merc with that asshole, but I trust you..'.. Logan smiles at her.

'Just ask what you want to ask, you know I can't lie..'... Astrid moved to the kitchen, propping her phone, so she could pour herself a drink and grab leftovers.

'Sure you two aren't..?..'.. Logan gives her a questioning look and Astrid sticks her finger in her mouth and retch.

'Not a fucking chance. Still a virgin, will stay a virgin. No offence to you humans, but not one of you is tempting..'.. She poured herself a large glass of vodka, and grabbed the last two boxes of chinese food from the fridge.

'I'm insulted..'.. Logan chuckles... 'Storm is ready to throw me through a wall, so I'll hand you back. I'll be over next week alright?..'

'Fine, but you better bring your daughter with you, I want to meet this girl..'... Astrid grinned and he sighed, shaking his head.

'Not my daughter. She's just a kid who needed help..'.. He tells her.

'Sure. And that lot were kids when Charles helped them, now how many are there, I wonder?..'.. She pursed her lips... 'Deny it all you want Logan, but I can see you care about her. Bring her with you, she's my niece now..'.. Astrid tucked into the noodles, as Logan just handed the phone over. Storms face came back on the screen and she laughed.

'We all said the same thing. Rogue is his daughter now. She's a nice kid, shy, nervous. Worried she's going to hurt someone..'.. Storm sighed.

'One of the reason I want to meet her. They can stay a few days, and I'm sure I can work something out for her. Maybe some discreet power dampening bracelets? Non coded ones, that she can take off and put on easily, I'll even add in a voice option..'.. Astrid went off with her thoughts and Strom laughed again.

'I take it that's your project now?..'.. Storm asked. Astrid stuffed her face with more noodles as she nodded.

'Yep. No girl should spend the rest of her life, feeling that she should lock herself away. To not have any physical touch the rest of your life? That's a curse I wouldn't wish on anyone. She deserves a somewhat normal life..'.. Astrid put the container down... 'I'll make her the cuffs. Or a necklace, whatever she prefers. Have her call me tomorrow, or any time, I don't mind..'

'I think that's a great idea. The kids love you..'..

'To them, I'm an alien from another world, they find me fascinating, can't help I'm awesome..'.. Astrid picked up her glass, taking a large gulp.

'I can't disagree with that, you are awesome. I got to go, class in 5 but I'll call tomorrow, with rogue. Love you Asti..'.. Storm smiled at her.

'Love you too Storm..'.. She blew a kiss to the screen and the call ended. Picking up the second box, she stuffed her phone in her pocket, and grabbed her drink. Dropping onto the couch, she put her drink down and grabbed the remote to watch tv. Putting on her favourite show, she sighed, seeing Dean Winchester appear on her screen. Oh, if only he were real.

------------------------------------------------------------

Loki felt the magic trickle across his skin. This was definitely his mother's doing. He thought he knew something, when he was on Midgard, something important, but the moment he returned through the bifrost with Thor, he felt the spell.

His mother had done something, to the realm, and he knew, being away from Asgard, he was free from the spell. He only wished to know, what spell she had used, to blanket everyone.

😘