Fifteen

Tony had no idea what had happened. The whole tower went into lockdown, and all security footage was wiped from the last 5 hours, and worse, the scepter was missing.

The last of the guests left 15 minutes ago, after each one was checked out and searched. He had no idea how it was possible, for someone to get through his system. His plans for Ultron were also wiped, all the data, tests they had done on the scepter, everything was gone, except a message, that displayed on every screen in the lab.

I just saved you from a big mistake, you're welcome.

'I thought your security was the best Tony..'.. He turned, glaring at Rogers.

'It is. How the fuck did someone get past all of us, without being noticed? Jarvis would've alerted me to an intruder..'.. Tony scoffed, shaking his head.

'So why didn't he?..'.. Rhodey frowned at him... 'If someone got into your system, who knows what they took. Files, classified information. Jarvis could get into the goverment files, right? So what if the-..'

The screen flickered and another message came through, casuing everyone to turn to them.

If I wanted to hurt the government, the country or the world, I would've done so by now. The scepter doesn't belong in your hands

'Its official, I'm creeped out..'.. Sam shook his head... 'Whoever it is, can clearly still see and hear us. They're still in the system, Tony you need to sort this out man..'

'Maybe they're on our side..'... Nat piped up, as they turned to her... 'This Ultron idea of yours, what was it about?..'.. She asked Tony, and he sighed, before filling them all in on what he and Bruce were going to do.

'So, maybe this person could see it was a really bad idea and stopped it from happening for a reason?..'.. Nat shook her head at Tony... 'Look, I get you're pissed..'.. He scoffed in response... 'But someone clearly went to a lot of trouble, to stop it from happening..'

Yeah, and we went to a lot of trouble to get the fucking thing in the first place, for nothing..'.. Tony threw his arms up... 'We know, what happens when it's in the wrong hands, so how can you be so sure that whoever took it, won't be another Loki situation?..'

'Guys, look..'.. Steve gestured to the screens again.

It won't be. I could've killed each and every one of you tonight if I wanted to. Instead, we talked, laughed, danced, and had drinks together. I saw you, and you saw me. But don't worry, you'll find out who I am in time. It was lovely to meet you all, well, except one of you.

'This is great. Its nice, you know. Got a very smart thief watching us, who admits they were here at the party. I feel like I'm on Big Brother right now. Hi..'.. Rhodey waves to the ceiling, before turning to Tony... 'If word gets out about this, we're all in the shit..'

'So, what do we do?..'.. Clint asked, half listening to the conversation as he tried to think over who he had interacted with tonight.

'Well, we still have the hard copy of our notes, when we last had the scepter, a few years ago. If we look through the files, we can go from there..'... Bruce shrugged... 'We'd have to go old school, no computers, no tech. The readings we had on it, we could search for the same energy signatures, it emits..'

-----------------------------------------------------------

'Ok, I'll admit it, you're a damn genius..'.. Gambit sat back on the couch, as he and Astrid watched the Avengers on her laptop.

'I was tempted to let it play out, but I love this world too much to let some idiot on a power trip, create such a monstrosity that would decimate people..'... Astrid poured herself another drink, and slipped to sit on the floor, her legs under her coffee table as she listened to the team.

'If I ever need to take revenge, I'm coming to you for pointers..'.. Gambit shuffled on her couch to lay down.

'You better not have your shoes on..'.. She said not looking at him, and then two little thuds, indicating he slipped them off... 'Part two is in effect. Make them uneasy. This will be fun..'.. She sipped her drink, chuckling as she heard her husbands voice in her head, summoning to his bed.

Draining her glass, she got to her feet, and flopped to sit on Gambit, making him grunt from being winded... 'You don't have to keep watching them, cause I'll be able to see and hear them myself on my phone, but it's your choice. Take the next few days off for now..'

She patted his cheek and stood, walking to her bedroom, before turning back... 'Don't fuck about. I don't want or need any trouble from you, got it?.'.. She points a finger at him and he nods.

'Got it. So, expect your call for the second favour?..'. He called to her as she entered her bedroom.

'Yep. Money on the counter if need it..'.. She called back, closing her door. She took a deep breath, and focused, appearing in his room. He wasn't there yet, but that was fine by her, it gave her time to shower and get changed into something more revealing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Loki sighed, seeing the condition his father was in. When he spelled his mind and brought him to midgard, it was to punish him, but seeing the broken shell of the once mightly and powerful Odin, rummaging through bins, he felt such shame.

Taking hold of his father, he teleported to the nearest passageway back to Asgard, and pulled him through. He would have the best of the healers care for Odin.

Loki wanted, no, needed answers about what happened with Astrid. Now that he had searched through the entire collection in the library, and his parents person rooms, he had found his mother's journal.

She spoke of a child taken from their world, as a punishment for those who went against Odin. It revenge for what, he did not know. Frigga had mentioned that she spelled the entire kingdom to believe the child was theirs, and bound the child's powers within them, while erasing the child's memories.

Loki had to know, was it about him, or the possibility that it was Astrid. He could never remember his mother being with child again, but that he had been told one day, that he had a sister. Was it her? Was that why she was treated so cruelly, like him?

Leading Odin into the palace he waved a hand, altering his father's clothes, to that of his royal attire. Ensuring he was in the kings chambers, he called out for assistance, to the maid and servants, requesting the healers.

Odin was cruel and selfish, but seeing him so broken, as though there were demons upon his shoulders, Loki felt as though his father's decline in his mental faculties, was his fault.

😘