Forty-Four

*7 years later*

'Mom please! Can we go?..'.. Astrid closed her eyes for a moment, dragging it out as Mellie bounced on her feet, and Carson looked bored. For 16 year old twins, they were completely different from one another.

'You know you can, but I appreciate you asking..'.. She chuckled, as Mellie barrelled into her, hugging tightly... 'No using powers for personal gain..'.. She tells them both, and they nod, grinning at one another.

They had been invited to go to the Bartons farm for the week. They would get their hands dirty with working, go horse riding, camp outs, plus there would be a local fair nearby too. Astrid didn't mind them going away for that long, she trusted them both, and Bartons family.

Not to mention that Cassie and Peter was going, and Sam was taking his nephews over, so Sarah could have a little vacation for a few days. Astrid took a deep breath, knowing Barton was going to have his hands full with the lot of them.

'Can we go, today?..'.. Carson asked, trying to play it cool.

'We'll wait for your father to get home first. He's working on something with uncle Tony. But, when you come back, you'll carry on with your coursework, and training..'.. She pointed to the two of them as her front door opened. She knew by the footsteps, it was her brothers... 'You better be taking your shoes off!..'.. She called to them.

In the seven years since becoming mom to the twins, Astrid had settled into her new life. She wasn't a fully fledged Avenger, nor was she part of the X-Men. She had found herself in between, assisting both sides. She still worked with Wade, but he had taken Gambit and Raven under his wing, the two now his little puppies as he called them.

Fliss was on and off with Pietro, but he didn't mind, said he'd wait for her to finally settle down with him. It surprised Astrid, Fliss never slept with the same guy twice, so it was clear she liked the guy.

Thor was back with Jane, who was pregnant with their first, and Gods help her, the child would be huge like Thor. Astrid winced at the though of pushing out 20lb baby.

Loki and Wanda married after three years, and she had twin boys, Astrids perfect little nephews, Thomas and William, or as Astrid liked to call them, just to piss Loki off, Tommy and Billy.

Her family back at the school had grown, and she had watched so many move on with their lives, but they all stayed in touch with her. She made sure her little family visited the last weekend of every month, and for a week in the summer, she did miss them.

'Where are my favourite niece and nephew!..'.. Loki strolled in, grinning at the two.

'How can you have favourites? You will have another niece in a few weeks..'.. Thor follows him into the kitchen where they were, frowning at him.

'She is not yet born, and will not understand me for quite some time. Mellie and Casron will always be favourite..'.. Loki winked at them, making them laugh.

'Guess what?!..'.. Melkie bounded over to them, and Astrid rolled her eyes. She knew Loki was their favourite of the two, though they never confirmed or denied it, they didn't want to hurt Thors feelings.

'What is it little one?..'.. Loki put his arm around Mellies shoulders.

'Mom said we could go to uncle Clints for the week..'.. She grinned at them.

'Well, that is fortunate, as Wanda and I are attending with your cousins..'.. Loki tells them both, and their faces lit up.

'Awesome..'... Carson did a little fist pump... 'I'm going to go get dad, so we can go..'.. He bolted out of the room, and Astrid rolled her eyes again.