Twenty-One

Astrid sat back in her chair, shaking her head. Of all of them, she would've thought Barnes would be the one to go off half cocked and go against the mission plan, but no, it was Romanoff. The woman had the base, and decided to try and get inside which resulted in her getting caught and captured.

Astrid sent across the information she found to the team. She actually liked the widow, and applauded her for her bravery, but Astrid rolled her eyes at the womans stupidity.

She watched on her laptop as the team made a plan. She had managed to secure invitations for them to Vechs annual masquerade ball, in Santa Fe, hosted at his property.

Astrid made sure that a few of her friends would play the part of staff at the event, should anything happen. Wade, Gambit, Reyes, Felicia, and Raven were all in on it. She trusted them, and the thought of getting Vech was all Wade wanted.

Astrid had managed to obtain information, after some unorthodox methods, about where Romanoff would be, the security at the ball and the entire guest list. She was thankful it was a masquerade, as it would be easier to slip through the place.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tony had issued orders to everyone on the team, and he was no longer surprised by their mystery watcher. The fact that they knew of Scott and Hope, really didn't shock him.

Looking around at the team, he knew Banner would have to sit this one out, the last thing they needed was a code green they couldn't contain. The Avengers couldn't be seen on this mission, as it wasn't sanctioned, but Nat was one of theirs, so they all decided they wanted in.

He had informed them all of their parts in the plan to rescue her, not one of them protesting against it. The 'watcher' as he called them, had sent across all the information, as well as their false aliases, and invitations. The ball was tomorrow evening, and the whole team needed to be kitted out in appropriate attire.

'Do you think she's ok?..'.. He asked, looking up at the ceiling of the empty meeting room. He had interacted with the watcher the past few days, and he was surprised at the wit he got back.

The hologram of an AI woman appeared to his left, clasping hands in front of her... 'Miss Romanoff is resilient and strong. I'm sure she's alive Stark..'.. Hearing the AI use Fridays voice was strange... 'If anything happens to her, I can assure you, Vech and his men will regret the days they were conceived..'

Tony huffed a laugh, shaking his head and turned his chair to the holo... 'I'd still like to know why you're doing this..'

'I have my reasons..'..

'Will you be at the ball? Wouldn't mind putting a face to the mystery..'... Tony sat back in his seat.

'Ah, but why ruin the fun. You'll find out on time..'..

The hologram disappeared and he sighed. He really wanted to know who the person was. He had even received notes on his suits on how to improve them, and it was strange, but in a way, comforting.

------------------------------------------------------------

He turned, hearing her clear her throat and his breath disappeared from his lungs. She looked absolutely beautiful, angelic in that dress.

'I can hear you..'.. She giggled, running her hands down her hips as she winked at him.. 'You like it?..'

'You look like a goddess..'.. His eyes roamed over the figure hugging off white dress, that looked like water was stichted into it. It was off her shoulders, and curved across her breasts, cinched in at her waist. It had a slit that rode up to her thigh. Her hair was pinned up, framing her face like a halo. He watches as she turned, and he groaned, seeing that it hugged her ass well.

Astrid giggled again, hearing him groan. She knew how much he loved her ass. Though she wouldn't appear like this at the ball, she wanted to have a dance with him, before she left. Walking over, she conjured him a suit, and a small record player, as Frank Sinatra, The way you look tonight is played quietly enough that they could hear it.

'I love you..'.. She smiled up at him, as he swayed them to the music.

'I love you too..'.. He kissed her softly... 'Our anniversary will be soon, and I'd like for us to go away, for more than just a day. We never really got our honeymoon..'

'I know. And I promise it'll be over soon, before that. If they know who you are, they won't be happy. I just want to keep you safe from it all..'.. She said, staring into his beautiful brown eyes.

'I don't care what they think of it Asti, all I want, if to be able to publicly call you my wife. To be able to see you when I want to, take you out on dates..'.. She could see the sadness in him.

'I'm sorry..'.. She shook her head, stepping back... 'I've been so focused on everything else, I didn't think about how this is for you..'

'Hey..'.. He pulled her back into his arms, and cupped her face... 'I love you, and I want you to be happy. I know that when it's over, that it'll be me and you. I can wait for you Asti..'.. He kissed her again... 'I just want you to be sure, of what you want. My only concern is you..'

She leaned her face into his hand, his thumb stroking her cheek... 'What did I ever do, to deserve you?..'

He chuckled... 'I'm pretty sure, you found me. You sitting there, reading that book. You found me, and I know this, us, wasn't what you thought would happen, but I'm glad it did. I can't ever imagine not having you in my life. If you came here, as you originally planned, we may never have met..'

'You're one of the few good things to have come from all of this..'.. She smiled up at him... 'Heven may be where I was born, Asgard where I was raised, but earth, you, you're my home. I won't go back to either world, I won't ever leave you..'

'And I won't leave you. When the time is right, we'll show the world that you're my wife..'.. He kissed her again, passionately, pulling her as close as he could, his hands sliding down her body, cupping her ass... 'How attached to the dress are you?..'

She loved seeing his desire for her, buring in his eyes... 'I'm not..'.. He took hold of where the slit in the dress was, and ripped it right up the front, seeing that she wasn't wearing anything underneath. He lifted her up, and her legs wrapped around him, and he moved to his desk, sitting her on the edge.

'I need you Asti..'.. His voice heavy with lust, as he kissed down her neck, and her hands pulled to undo his trousers. She needed him, wanted him as though it was the first time. She knew their passion would never dwindle, and she loved him with every part of her.

😘