Thirteen

Astrid drank the last of her glass empty, and she waited for one of them to say something. Charles, Hank, Jean, Scott, Logan, Storm and Raven were all there, in silence after what she had told them.

She looked around, rasing an eyebrow, inviting anyone to say something... 'Well?..'

'Can we see them?..'.. Jean asked, sitting forward on the couch Charles office. Astrid sighed, and handed her empty glass to Logan, gesturing for him to refill it. Standing up, and moving to the doors, so she was clear of them all, she focused, rolling her shoulders as she felt them unfurl again.

'Wow..'.. Hank stood, coming closer for a look... 'And you're sure that asgardians dont have wings?..'.. He reached out, touching her shoulder, to feel where they connected.

'I'm sure. At least I know where I'm from now..'.. She sighed.

'We have a student who has similar wings. Is it possible he is from your world?..'.. Scott asked her and Astrid pulled them back in.

'I'd have to meet the kid, but I should be able to sense if he is. What's his name?..'... She moved to sit back down next to Logan.

'Warren Worthington the third..'.. Charles tells her and Astrid was surprised.

'Wait, as in the heir to the Worthington fortune? He's here?..'... Astrid knew of the name, and the family was one of the richest in America... 'His parents, are they alive?..'

'Mother is, but father passed away. Why do you ask?..'.. Scott tilts his head to her.

'If he's got wings, it's possible it could be a mutation, or hereditary. I can meet him and go from there. Do you want to test his blood against mine?..'.. She asked, looking over to Jean.

'We could do that first, if it shows similarities, then we know he's like you. Asti, I'm so sorry you've had to go through that alone..'... Jean gives her a compassionate smile.

'I'm seeing someone, but I don't want you to meet, just yet. I want him to get used to me first, if that's ok?..'.. She gave a smile back and they all agreed... 'I was just hoping you could help me look into more of the lore on angels. I mean, I know everyone thinks they're gods children, and kind of are in a way, but it's information that gets watered down over the years...'

I'm sure we can help..'.. Charles comes around the desk, stopping in front of them all... 'We can start tomorrow. I suggest you get some rest, the children will most likely want to see you. Classes will be cancelled for tomorrow..'

Astrid grinned, and looked around at the others.... 'Fun day?..'.. They chuckled, and Storm held her hand up a little.

'I'm on your team..'.. She laughed.

'Us Monroe girls got to stick together anyway. It'll be fun, and with my magic, I can set it all up easily. Come on then girls, sleepover in my room, like the old days..'.. She gestured for Storm, Raven and Jean to take her hands... 'Did I forget that I can teleport now?..'.. She giggled and disappears with the girls.

Logan looked over at the professor, shaking his head... 'If what she says is true, then it would work in our favour. Keep her distracted with what we find, maybe then she will let go of this revenge, hate thing she's got..'