Thirty-Eight

Bruce fought against the power dampening cuffs, but couldn't break free. He could feel her anger and her fear, wanting nothing more than to be back there with her, to save her. Oh, him and Hulk were both beyond pissed, and she would certainly know it, when he got her back. Hearing running, he saw Tony skid into the room, with the twins and Rhodey... 'Get these off me, now..'

'Ok, first, I'm not helping if you're going to talk to me like that, secondly, the others are out there to help, so don't worry..'.. Tony shakes his head, walking over. He tries to remove the cuffs, but they remain locked.

'You understand our sister is very smart? These will not come off unless she wants them too..'.. Loki held up his wrists, and moved to sit on the couch, when the others suddenly appeared in the room... 'I take it she is angry?..'

'She's pissed. He threw her at the jet, and almost took us down, but she helped us, and then sent us back. I don't know if her family are ok though..'... Nat sighed, flopping on the couch next to Loki.

'You know they're there?..'.. Bruce whipped around to Nat.

'Yeah, they were on another jet. They have a plan to help, and honestly, I hope it works, cause I don't want an angry Astrid coming for me..'..Nat held her hands up.

'Can't believe neither of you told us she lives with a whole school of enhanced people..'.. Tony folded his arms.

'That's what you want to talk about right now? Not the fact that my wife is out there with that one..-

'Javriel..'..

'Yeah, thanks Loki..'.. Bruce scoffed at him... 'She's out there and he could kill her..'

'Did you not tell her, that she could not die?..'... Loki raises an eyebrow at him... 'She will fight, and I can assure you Bruce, she will win. My sister is stubborn, temperamental and most of all..'... Loki stood up, and moved closer.

'A very powerful goddess. She has her angel powers, seidr and was bestowed with a goddess title and all the power that comes with it. Truth, and Nature. This world is her home, she has made that very clear. This is your family..'.. Loki waves an arm out... 'Do not doubt her for a moment, that she would not tear the universe apart, if it means keeping you safe..'

'My brother is right..'.. Thir stepped forward... 'Astrid, she will not give up. Thst other one may know how to use his own power, but she hold more..'.. Thor sighed, dropping Mjolnir to the floor with a thud... 'I did not know we had another sibling, a sister..'

'What?..'.. Wanda moves to sit next to Loki but he pulls her onto his lap.

The two fill the rest of the team in on what was said, and Wanda hugs Loki... 'I'm sorry you lost your sister..'

Do you think father blamed Astrid for it? For his daughters death?..'.. Loki looks to Thor.

'I do not know. But it does explain why he had been so cruel to her. Astrid never deserved it, she was just a child, and if thst one is correct, she tried to save the girl..'.. Thor moved to sit on the other couch.

The all talk, but Bruce paces by the window, looking out. He can feel her, feel her anger, her rage. She wasn't afraid anymore, she was ready to kill, and hoped she would.

------------------------------------------------------------

Astrid ducked again, as he came for her, and rolled to the side. He had gotten a few hits in, not to mention he practically threw a tree at her. He may think she was weak and unsure of her powers, but what she was really doing, was assessing him. Finding out what he could do. If it wasn't for the years of training with Loki, at the school and working with Wade, her stamina and strength would have been wiped out by now.

She heard Jean in her head, knowing they were surrounding her and Javriel, and Astrid was talking back to Jean, informing her of what she knew of the man's powers. He was getting tired, she could see that, and she feigned that she was too. She needed him to get complacent.

'I'm not going back, and you can't make me..'.. She shouted out at him, seeing he was still angry. She moved in a defensive position, around, circling him.

The others were in position, and Wade ran out first, swinging his blades as he went straight for Javriel. The air crackled with thunder, lighting striking down around the man. Astrid ran left, straight for Rogue, holding her hand out, knowing the girl would copy her powers.

The became cold, her breath a fog in her face and she glanced back, seeing Javriel get him with lightning, then Scott blasted him, and Bobby pulled ice from the air, trying to freeze the man. Wade took off the wings, and screams echoed around.

She locked her hand around Rogues, nodding to the girl, and felt her power get pulled. She already explained her powers to the girl before, so Rogue knew what to do. Once she had enough, she let Astrids hand go and the two sprinted to the others.

Jean had her hand out, trying to hold Javriel in place, as Wade tossed her a sword. Catching it, she slid on her knees, flipping the sword in her hands, and driving it up into the man's icy body. His eyes went wide, and she twisted it, just to be sure.

Going up to one knee, she ripped it out and spun it, taking off his head. Panting she used the sword to help her stand, shaking her head... 'Have I told you all how much I love you..'.. She moved back, but noticed the body twitch, before it fell to the ground. The head rolled back to the body, and somehow, reattached... 'What, the fuck?..'

Javriel floated up and the line around his neck, disappeared. His eyes focused on her, and new wings emerged from his back... 'Only an angel can kill an angel, no mortal weapon can..'... He threw his hands out, sending the others crashing back a few feet.

Astrid felt panic rise up in her. She didn't want her family hurt, and she didn't know how else to kill him. The tome never said how. Her family were scattered around her, getting to their feet, and she saw Javriel go straight for Wade. He picked up Wades other sword, and went to stab him, but Rogue got to him first. She grabbed hold of Javriel, using her powers to drain him.

'NO!..'... Astrid froze, as Rogue struggled to breathe, looking down at the blade that now impaled her... 'No..'.. Her voice now a whisper as Javriel ripped it from the woman, shoving her back.

Astrid could feel everything. Her powers raging a war inside her, and she couldn't contain it. She let it out, with all her emotions, focusing solely on the bastard in front of her. She screamed with pain, anger, heartache.

It was as though the air hummed and whined all around, an impact to the ground, sent everyone and everything flying back, and she leveled the trees all around. She watched, as Javriel got hit with everything she had, literally ripping him apart, blood and sinew scattering everywhere. She completely gave in, and her vision went white.

😘