Eighteen

Within two weeks of meeting the twins, they had informed her that they would seek out the Avengers. Astrid had helped them, teleporting them over to New York, only a street away from the tower. She remained in the shadows, as she watched them walk into the building.

She smiled, knowing that they made the right choice. They were young, and had made a few wrong choices, but nothing that they couldn't come back from. Looking up at the building, her smile faded, knowing Loki was there.

She wanted to see him, reach out to him to let him know she was alive and safe, and she would, just not yet. She still had a score to settle first.

Slipping out onto the street with her 'Roe' look, she strolled back to her bar. Wade had called her for an assist, plus Logan would be by shortly with Raven to check in with her. As much as she hated it, she was glad to still have her family.

Pushing the door open, she saw a few of the regulars there, and grinned as Bobby stood, coming to give her a hug. He was in his 60s, lost his wife a few years ago to cancer. He was lost and alone, but she had helped him in secret, clearing his debts. She knew how much coming to the bar helped him, he wasn't a big drinker, he just enjoyed the company.

'Well, I thought I wouldn't see you today..'.. He said, chuckling as he stepped back.

'Oh I'd never miss out on seeing your handsome face Bobby..'.. She kissed his cheek and went around the bar... 'How've you been?..'

'Well, I uh..'.. He cleared his throat... 'I met someone, at the group sessions..'.. She knew what he was referring to. He still attended the grieving group therapy sessions, and she was glad he still went. He needed to be with people who could understand his loss.

'That's great. I'm so glad..'.. She took his hand, smiling at him... 'Do I get a name?..'

'Her name is Lois. She lives 10 blocks from me. She lost her husband two years ago, but only started coming a month ago. We got to talking, and found out that we went to the same school together as kids. She's 3 years younger than me, but I remember her now..'.. He chuckled, shaking his head... 'The fiesty girl who stood up to bullies..'

Astrid chuckled with him, patting his hand... 'Whatever you need, I'm right here..'

'There was something I wanted to ask..'.. He cleared his throat, lowering his voice... 'Could I borrow your car? I'd like to take her for a picnic, outside of the city..'

Astrid grinned at him, and dug through her bag, pulling out her keys and handing them over... 'Here, in fact you can keep it. I'll have the paperwork sorted by this afternoon..'.. He started protesting and she held her hand up... 'Its barely used, as I prefer my bike, and I'd hate to see her go to waste. Keep it, my gift to you. And where ever you want to go, let me know, I got you covered..'

She could see his emotions well up in his eyes, and she nodded at him... 'You're a good girl Roe, I'm glad to have met you. I don't think I would still be here if it wasn't for you..'

'I'm glad to have met you too Bobby. I'd like to think if I had a dad, he'd be like you..'.. She leaned over, kissing his cheek again... 'Now, tell me more about Lois..'.. She watched as he settled on a stool, and she made them both a coffee, listening to him talk. She could see he had fallen for the woman already, and Astrid was glad, that he wouldn't be alone any more.