Thirty-Three

Astrid grinned as she practically danced on the balls of her feet, happy. She was back at the school after a month at the compound, this time with Bruce to introduce him to her family. It had been a long time coming, but now it was finally happening. Charles was the closest thing she had to a parent, and she had missed him.

'I'm starting to rethink letting you drink coffee..'... Bruce looked up in awe at the building, as she was hopping about on her feet, tugging on his hand.

'Let's go..'.. She pulled harder, and he chuckled, following after her as she led him up the couple of steps, to the large doors. She flicked her hand and they opened, revealing a huge open foyer. She stopped in the middle, and out her fingers between her teeth, and whistled loudly, a little tune... 'Front and center!..'.. She shouted, and giggled at the same time.

Bruce hear the clatter coming from different directions, and then the stampede of feet, coming towards them... 'Uh, I take it there's a lot?..'

'Oh yeah. Be prepared to get knocked on your ass..'.. She laughed, just as she heard her name get called. Turning her head, she sees the fourth graders, coming out of Storms class. She knelt down with her arms out, and got tackled by a group of 9 year olds.

'Asti, we missed you..'.. Carson, her little empath said, as he clung to her... 'Oh my gosh, that's Dr Banner. Hi, huge fan of your work, got a lot of questions.'.. He shoved off her so hard, she hit the floor backwards, laughing.

'That's my husband..'.. She pushed up, seeing Carson stare up at his idol. She knew the boy had a genius mind, very intelligent, and he would talk about Bruce and Stark non stop when she was back.

Bruce held his hand out, seeing the star struck boy just staring at him as if he christmas came early... 'My names Bruce, what's yours?..'

The young boy shook his hand... 'Carson. Um, you married Asti?..'.. He turned to look back at her.

'Yeah, we got married a few years ago, and she wanted me to come meet you all. She's told me about you and your paper on nuclear physics with effective field theory. Transmutation on the genome, that could be the key to Larmarcks theories of evolution, I'd love to hear more, as it would certainly explain how unique you all are..'.. Bruce smiled down at the kid.

'Best present ever...'.. Carson grinned at Astrid and she laughed.

'I'm glad you think so. Would you mind being Bruce's tour guide, while I go speak with the professor?..'.. She settle Mellie on the floor and stood up, as Alfie and Zara hid behind her. The other three kids, Mattie, Reese and Fion all hopped about, asking to see the Hulk... 'No Hulk, no. But I do expect you all to be on your best behaviour, we have a guest here, so play nice..'

'We'll be fine..'.. Bruce leaned in to give her a quick kiss, and Carson grabbed his hand, dragging him away asking a million and one questions.

'Wondered when you'd come around..'.. Storm walks over, giving her a hug... 'Guess classes are cancelled for the rest of the day then..'.. She laughed.

'Just means a bit of peace for you. Charles in his office?..'... Astrid asked, and conjured two puppies for the kids to chase about and play with.

'He is..'.. Astrid saw the look in her sisters face.

'Who's he with?..'.. She was ready to fight whoever upset her family..