Thirty-Nine

Bruce paced back and forth, waiting for the jet to land. He had lost consciousness for a short while, feeling as though his body was about to explode. He had felt her fear, her anger. He didnt known what had happened, but the satellite footage they had, it looked like a nuke went off. Everything in a 50ft radius, was flattened.

Her family's jet thankfully was just outside the zone, and they were all travelling to the compound. Jean had informed them all what had happened, and Bruce was relieved to hear that Rogue was fine, she was healing due to the powers she took from Asti and Javriel.

Astrid on the other hand was still unconscious. She was alive and breathing, just out cold. Jean told them that Astrids powers burst out of her, and literally ripped the guy apart. She was sure he wouldn't come back from that, seeing as that team, were still wearing parts of him.

'Bruce..'.. He stopped pacing, seeing Loki close by the doors, leading back inside... 'She has never done such a thing before, and I take a guess that she has exerted herself too much. Stark already has the medical room set up..'.. He gestured to the sky... 'They are here..'

Bruce turned back, watching the jet land, the back of it facing him as the doors opened. Wade walked off quickly, and straight to Bruce. The fact that the merc was quite, sent a chill through Bruce. He thanked Wade, taking Astrid from him and headed inside, leaving Loki to assist the others.

He looked down at her as he headed to the med bay. She didnt look injured, just peaceful, as though she was sleeping. He stepped into the room and placed her on the bed, for Tony to run the scans, and tests.

'Asti is strong..'.. He turned his head, seeing the others walk in and Storm came to his side... 'She's the most stubborn woman I know..'

'She cant die anyway..'.. Logan shook his head... 'She wouldn't want to inflict Wade on anyone without her there to supervise..'

Bruce glanced over to the merc, seeing he was watching Astrid, and still not saying anything... 'Wade, you ok?..'

Wade didn't say anything, but turned and headed back out of the room... 'I got him..'.. Fliss nodded, and chased him down.

'Is this my fault?..'.. Rogue winced as Jean pulled her to sit on another bed, so she could be checked over... 'Did I take too much of her power?..'

'No..'.. Storm stepped forward... 'You know her, she would've wanted you to be safe. She'll be more worried about you than herself..'

'It is clear she cares for you..'.. Loki nodded... 'You are her family, there is nothing she would not do. You did not take too much of her power, and were she awake, she would tell you, that you did not take enough..'.. He gestured to the bruise on her body, where she had been stabbed.

'Lokis right..'.. Bruce glanced over to Rogue..  'She adores you, all of you. The only thing shes ever wanted, was a family, love. You gave her that, you may not be her daughter Rogue, but she loves you as though you are. She calls you her niece, she took Storms name..'.. Bruce gestured to the woman... 'Brothers, sisters..'.. He nodded to the others... 'She would give her life for any of you..'

Rogue nodded, sniffling as Bobby comforted her... 'She saved me too, you know. She gave me my life back, created the bracelets and then the implants..'.. She took the tissues Scott handed to her... 'If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be able to hug anyone, to be with Bobby, let alone get married..'

'Boss, no internal injuries, no swelling on the brain no contusions of any kind. Scans show Mrs Hulk is completely healthy, just exhausted..'..

Everyone let out a breath of relief, and the Storm laughed... 'You call her Mrs Hulk?..'.. The others joined in, and Tony shrugged.

'It was that or Mrs crazy. I value my life..'.. Bruce shook his head with a smile and moved closer to Astrid, brushing her hair back and kissing her head.

'Let her stay here for now. We'll get you all checked over..'.. Bruce nodded to Astrids family... 'I'm sure she would want to see you all when she wakes up, so stay for the night..'

'We'll double up, but you may have to share, if that's alright with you..'.. Tony nodded.

'Oh, we can sleep on the jet, its no problem..'.. Scott said, as Fliss walked back in.

'Speak for yourself, I'm sure there a speedster who wouldn't mind some company..'.. She smirked.

'Cat, you know you can take a day off, right?..'.. Gambit shook his head, as he put an arm around Raven.

'Find me the right man, and I will..'.. Fliss blew him a kiss.

'Ok, so Jean and Scott, Rogue and Bobby, Gambit and Raven. You lot will have a room each. Fliss, Cat whatever your name is Pietro is in the main room, otherwise you can share with Nat and Storm. Is that ok?..'.. Bruce looked between them and they all nodded... 'Logan, Asti told me enough, but there's a shelter up on the roof with a hammock..'

'Fine by me, as long as I dont hear anyone snoring. I can smoke up there, right?..'...He pulled a cigar from his pocket, holding it up.

'Just make sure you put it out..'.. Tony tells him... 'Ok, lets get you lot seen to..'.. Tony clapped his hands, and led them all out.

'Fliss..'.. Bruce gestured for her to stay a moment. When everyone else had gone he sighed... 'Hes going after Eric, isnt he?..'

'Yeah. Theres no stopping Wade when hes on a revenge. The only one who has a chance is her..'.. Fliss nodded to Astrid... 'Hope she wakes up soon, or we're not going to be able to save Wade..'

'If anything happens to him, she will break the rules and kill Eric herself. He now knows, she cant kill humans, but I dont think that would stop her..'.. Bruce shook his head... 'We need to find a way to track Wade down and stop him, before its too late..'

'I'll update the others. If anyone can find him, its the professor. Guess none of us are getting any sleep tonight..'.. She rolled her eyes and headed out of the room, catching up to the others.

Bruce held Astrids hand... 'Need you to wake up and take these cuffs off. Wade is going after Eric, if we don't stop him, he wont survive it. Please Astrid, I need you to wake up. I know what you'll do if anyone harms Wade..'

He never really understood their friendship, but if her reaction to Rogue getting hurt, was to literally tear an angel apart, he dreaded to think what would happen, if Wade was killed.

😘