I smile and nod.

"Okay, uh.." she says smiling, but then she looks directly at me and frowns.

"I'm so sorry I dragged you all the way here. Shit." She says and facepalms herself.

"It's... not your fault, I just called you at the wrong time." I say.

She stays silent and frowns. She actually looks kind of upset now and I sort of frown too and look the other way.

"I shouldn't have... chosen to drink tonight, I was stressed and... um..." she sighs, and goes silent again.

"Never mind, why am I even telling you this?" She mumbles to herself.

"I shouldn't have put you through all this trouble just to get me home." She sighs.

"It's no problem. It's not your fault." I state again.

She sighs and glances at her house and then back at me. She smiles awkwardly.

"You can call me tomorrow, I'll give you more details about what we can do next." She nods.

I nod as well. She sighs.

"Ugh.. atleast I taught you a glyph combo and this wasn't a pointless meeting...." She mumbles.

"...seriously, don't worry about it. It's fine." I say again.

She smiles awkwardly and nods. I awkwardly hold my hands together.

"See you Hunter." She says and walks to her front door.

"See you." I say and head the opposite direction.

I feel bad that's she's worked up over this. I personally did not mind this at all. I feel like I got to get to know her more through this if anything.

...but why do I care about getting to know her? It's not important... damn it.

Your POV

You fix your hair and knock on the door. A few moments later Mattholomule answers.

"You look like hell." He says.

"Shut up Matt." You scoff and come in.

"Pfft, I'm sorry." He laughs.

"Where's mom and Stephen?" You ask.

Stephen is the name of your stepfather, Matt's biological father. Matt's your half brother but you like to address him as just your brother.

"Dad has a late shift, moms asleep." Matt says.

"What beings you here?" He asks.

"I couldn't stay home tonight so I dropped by here." You say.

"Who was that guy you were with? A boyfriend?" Matt asks.

"No, he's.. uh... a coworker." You say.

"You seem close." Matt raises an eyebrow.

"He was helping me home, I wasn't feeling really well and we crossed paths." You explain.

"Mmhm..." Matt hums.

"How are you and Gus?" You ask.

"You say that like we're soulmates, he's just a friend." Matt rolls his eyes.

"Yeah I know, I'm just asking." You smirk.

"We're good, you know I'm actually thinking of changing construction to illusions." Matt says.

"Oh?" You ask.

You continued talking to Matt about things that night . It sorta helped  take your mind off of all the things worrying you. You didn't really want to think about Hunter or Rowan or anything.