Chocolate and Cheese

Kia's POV:

" You ready Siddhansh?" I asked composing myself after what we just had.

He looked at me with a small smile and I had to bite back that goofy grin I get seeing him smile. It always manages to make me smile irrespective of the situation.

" For?" He asked and I heaved a heavy sigh.

" The tour obviously," I said in a duh tone.

I held his hand and walked further while he held my bag. I'm feeling different. It used to make me feel disgusting holding or touching a man but now, holding him feels so natural.

" Siddhansh, look! The ruins. Let's go there." I urged and he compelled to my wish.

" Let's go inside." I wished and he held my hand back.

" Don't Kia." He said and I frowned.

" But...." He nodded no even before I spoke something.

" I don't feel good, you going there. Please understand." He requested with uncertainty.

" Siddhansh, every ruin has a story behind and I wish to explore that too." I said and he sighed looking everywhere but me. I held his hand with both my hands and dragged him inside. The walls of the house are made out of wood and it is sending me chills down my spine. An exciting one though.

We were walking in the house and I suddenly felt the wood not so still.

" Kia, stay still," Siddhansh warned and I stayed put. He pulled me to him I heard a hiss from him. The wooden truss fell on his shoulder and panic rose in me.

" Siddhansh, are you ok?" I asked putting my bag down on the floor.

" Shhhhh.. shhhhh..... It's ok. I'm alright." He laughed and I doubt he is alright.

" Seriously?" I questioned and he nodded assuring me.

" I asked you not to go in. It's not safe." He said softly and I started feeling guilty.

" I'm sorry," I said and he dismissed me with a smile. If I don't wipe that smile off his lips, he's going to sweep me off the ground and pin me to his bed one night. Get a grip, Kia.

" It's 7: 30 P.M." He mumbled looking at the mobile.

" Time for dinner," I whispered near his ear making him flinch at his place. I laughed loudly and he looked away with his pink ears.

" Devil." I heard him mutter.

We had the Chicken Parmigiana, the Banger and Mash. I contemplated whether to ask about the wine or not. On one side, my heart wants to taste it while on the other side, my brain is saying that I shouldn't lose my self-respect in front of him. He doesn't even drink.

We came out of the restaurant and I sighed. No wine!

" Let's go." I heard him and nodded. He took me to a small house which kind of looked cosy.

" Let's have some wine." He looked excited than me and it made me smile like crazy. We're going to have the wine.

There was this old man over there and he served us the wine. I could see the same smile as mine on Siddhansh's lips.

" Cheers to our first time." He said and I beamed in happiness bringing the flute up. I brought it to my lips and the first sip tasted salty, sweet, bitter and umami. The goosebumps rose all over my body. I looked at Siddhansh and he smelled the wine and then tasted it. He left a sigh and I could see the goosebumps on his hand.