Wolves and Ghosts

Anshu's POV:

It's been 3 days and I'm feeling gooey. She started being gentle to me and suddenly I felt like the equations between us were changing. It is the last day of our stay here and I must say that we bonded pretty well.

I was in my thoughts and she rushed inside the room pushing the door ajar. She was heaving heavily.

" What happened?" I asked getting up from the bed.

" Did you bath?" She asked and I nodded no.

" Go. Wash yourself first. Fast." She said panting and pushed me inside the bathroom.

" Woman, my clothes!" I exclaimed.

" I'll arrange it for you." She said urging me to bathe quickly.

" You sure? It has my underwear as well." I whispered leaning forward. I know the answer is gonna be negative now.

" Hmmm?" I smirked seeing her not answering.

" I fucking don't mind Siddhansh. Go." She screamed. What must be that she is forcing me to get ready quickly?

I had the fastest 4-minute navy bath and came out in a robe. Like she promised, she even arranged my underwear which shocked me.

" Siddhansh, you ready?" She screamed from the other room.

" Wait, Kia. Let me at least dress dewdrop." I screamed back and I was awarded with silence. I dressed up and marched to the living room to see her pacing around.

" What's the matter?" I asked folding my hands against my chest.

" I want to go to Wolf Keep Wildlife Sanctuary," she said and I nodded. I suddenly felt wet on my shoulder and saw that those were the water droplets dripping from my hair.

" Sorry." She mumbled looking at me.

" For?" I asked.

" For urging you." She mumbled and I nodded.

" We have time Kia. But why were you ushering us?" I asked.

" I want to go the Ghost town as well. And taste the wine." She mumbled the last part making me smile.

" We might get late to the Ghost town then. The sanctuary is big enough that it consumes a lot of our time." I said.

" That's why I was urging you. The ghost town closes at 4:30 pm." She said snatching the ground under me.

" You must have said this to me earlier woman!" I screamed and ran across the hause. I was running out of my breath and I could hear her melodious laugh which was chasing me along her.

We had a quick lunch and made our way to the sanctuary. It looks amazing. The soft fur of the wolves made me want to touch them once while my wife who stood beside me toughed them without hesitating.

" Have you gone mad Kia? You are touching them without any precautions." I almost screamed at her which resulted in dropping her smile.

" They are harmless. They are as dramatic as the huskies." She said regaining the lost smile which set the peace in my heart.

I laughed at her comment and she suddenly held my hand. I looked directly into her eyes and I felt a sudden race in my heart.

" Siddhansh, look how white it looks!" She screamed in happiness while I was still in a daze.

" Let's take one home Siddhansh!" She pleaded and I laughed. How adorable she is.

She pulled me near the wolf and I took my steps back.

" They won't eat you Siddhansh." She warned squinting her eyes.

" Did you just look at it's size Kia? It is 4 times bigger than a husky." I exclaimed.

" Like I care." She mumbled dragging me along till the cliff. The Wolf is on the edge of the cliff while we are face to-face with the wolf. My breath hitched seeing it's beautiful eyes and snooty nose.

" Do you see his eyes Siddhansh?" Kia asked excitedly and I turned to her. She has never been this happier ever since I met her.

" Are you happy Kia?" I asked with a content smile.

" I'm Siddhansh." She said laughing and jumping. She stuttered many times which is expressing sheer happiness.

" Don't lose this smile, Kia. I love it and you look beautiful carrying that." I said out of nowhere caressing her cheeks which turned pink due to the blood rush. Her smile slowly fell making mine fall too. A slow rhythmic drumming started which brought a small anticipation in the it of my stomach.

" Your smile is the most contagious one Siddhansh. Always keep it up for me." She smiled at me gently sending a warm sensation in me. She blinked at me cutely and out of nowhere that big bad wolf licked us.

" Arghhhhh." I screamed while my wife laughed at me.

" Siddhansh! Stop it. You are alright." She hugged making me go all stiff. I could hear the vibrations from her laughter against my chest and for an instance, it felt so good. I want to wrap my hands around her but I know, I must be in my limits. I looked around to see the people around us looking at me weirdly while this big bad wolf is looking at me boring it's blue eyes into mine.

" Are you ok Anshu?" She asked racing my heart. I hummed looking away. It took us an hour to complete our tour. Kia looked at her watch and screamed.

" Siddhansh, we are not gonna make it to the Ghost town." She panicked and a hint of sadness covered her voice.

" Shhh. Dewdrop. Chill. We will make it. You need not worry." I said to calm her down but either of us know that we can't make it.

" I really want to see that place Siddhansh. " Her voice cracked making me feel sorry for her. A kind of irritation crossed her face. Saline covered her eyes and dejection etched on her soul.

I calmly held her hand and rushed from there. She held her bad tightly and started screamed at me.

" Siddhansh, stop running. I'm out of breath. Please." She yelled unable to cope up with me.

" Just a little more Kia. We're going to make there." I promised or more like promised my self. We sat in the car and I ushered him to increase the speed.

It was a 40 minute fast drive and we paid the driver. The shocking look on Kia's face tells everything. The greyish sky, cold weather and the evening aura sets everything right. And the urge to see my wife happy has even made the day so beautiful.

The turn she took to see me was unexpected and so does the tight hug she gave me. It was sensuous atleast for me. The proximity between us was enough to rush the adrenaline in me.

" Thank you so much, Siddhansh." The laugh combined with a sob says everything that I made her day.

" Anything for you my wife." I pronounced and I knew she can see my soul right now. And I can see her's too, that she is sad that she is unable to reciprocate what I'm feeling for her.

I see her bit her lower lip and my chest started heaving as it is doing something inside me.

We inched closer as the distance between us kept getting lesser. I feel her breath fan my lips and that is it. She stole my breath away.

" Are we crossing the limits Siddhansh?" The devil inside her asked making Angel wake up from it's sleep. It's wrong. I didn't take her contest.

" Yes, I guess. " I mumbled painfully moving away while she looked away.

With Love ❤️
introvert_2001

Word Count: 1300.