Chimta and Hiccups

Arjun's POV:

It's been 26 years, 26 freaking years since I left her. I know many of you are wondering how I survived. I'm wondering myself. I thought I was dead but I must say it was a miracle. There was not even a day where I didn't stack her and my son in these past 20 years. The 6 years post my therapies were so hard that I was not even able to stand. Everybody thought I left her making pregnant, but only I know the pain of separation. My Arohi knows it. Of course, my son has endured so much in his school and college making him what he is today, an introvert.

I dared to make my presence noticeable to her but the constant fear of rejection stopped me from facing her and my son. 

Thinking of all these only brought tears to my eyes. My Arohi is a sensational singer ruling the music industry while my son and his occupation are still unknown to the world.

Sometimes I feel so proud of him for protecting his mother so well and I love how Arohi shuts everyone's mouth when the topic is about my son. She is a strong woman.

Everything changed in these years. I started practising yoga, living a secluded life, still being the anonymous charioteer of my Inc. I started loving everything about my life now which is away from all the chaos. Whoever said it, they are right. Fandom and fame invite a lot of problems into your life. But the huge gap created by me can never be filled. Only Arohi and my Anshu can fill it. I'm ready to wait till my last breath for them.

" Arjunnnnnnn." I heard a scream breaking my thoughts. Here comes my intruder, my love. If I love someone with my life it is her after Arohi and Siddhansh.

Her eyes are filled with tears and her pink lips wobble as if she would cry any moment. I immediately stood up and rushed to her. Seeing her tears pains me a lot. She has been my support when I was down and the suicidal thoughts invaded my mind.

Little did she know is she was and is my saviour. Her innocent talks and banters always keep me engaged. A small smile graced my lips along with a hint of panic where ever she comes to my house with her eyes filled with tears.

I made her sit and poured her a glass of water.

" What happened today?" I asked slowly sitting on the carpet while she sat on the sofa.

" He.... He cheated on her and burned her body." She started crying loudly which almost made me go deaf.

" Shhh Baby, stop crying. You'll fall sick if you cry at this rate. I'm sure you would have done justice to her." I asked her trying to pacify her slowly.

" I... I burned him too and he cried. I took her to the hospital and he to the police station." She said, it was so adorable that I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

" You burnt him?" I asked her scared.

" With the chimta. I heated it until red and burned his hands." She whispered hiccing up badly. Her mucus is all over her face and I want to tell her to go and wash her face. She grabbed a few tissues and blew her nose cleaning her face with the same tissues.

" Kia, baby, don't you think you should stop crying? You are wasting your tears over nothing." I said and she immediately stopped crying. She gave me look that screamed that there is going to come to a sassy comeback.

" Should I sit and cry over your Arohi and your son as you do?" She asked sarcasm lacing her voice. That was it, she always loves to poke me about that point.

" Stop talking about them Kia." I said rising my voice which make her jerk. I felt bad for her for a second.

" Then why the heck are you sitting in your room and crying like a maniac instead of approaching them? I'm tired Arjun. How lethargic can you be? Freaking 26 years it has been. " She screamed throwing the used unhygienic tissues on me and marching towards the door.

I have offended her. She will be angry with me for days now.

" I'm scared Kia." I screamed and she stopped in her tracks.

She turned back and glared at me which eventually forced me to take a step back.

She opened her mouth to yell but we heard a booming voice which almost made Kia pee in her pants. That's her father.

" What the heck did you do today? You burnt someone's hands?" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

" He... He too burnt his wife's ha...hands. I just saved her." Kia whispered and I pitied her.

" I said you like a million times Kia to stay away from this shit and do some proper job. Don't ruin our reputation trying to do all the drama." He yelled angrily and I tried to pacify her father. 

" Dalvi Sahab, at least aap tho isko samjhayiye. Roz, roz, bigad ja rahi hai ye ladki." He said pointing his finger at Kia. Her beautiful eyes are filled with tears which pained me.

" Bachhi ro rahi hai mantri ji. Aap apne gusse ko khabu main rakhiye. Kya galti hain Kia ki? Sirf NGO run kar rahi hain aur paintings karti hain." I tried to calm him down but he took no name to stop.

" Exactly that's what I'm saying, Dalvi Sahab. What will I answer to her in-laws in the future if she doesn't have any proper job? I'm the Home Minister of this state and her mother is an entrepreneur and just look at her job. I just got a call from the DSP saying that sir, your daughter has assaulted someone." He said in frustration.

" Life is not about earning money and showing off. One needs to have humanity." Kia mumbled audibly enough for me and her papa.

" Shut up Kia," I whisper yelled and she looked away wiping her tears.

" Find yourself a good job and leave this aawarapan." Mr. Sooryavanshi said leaving me and Kia alone.

" You just added fuel to my insults Arjun. Just look at what will I do. I will gift you your nightmare tomorrow." Kia screamed at me and rushed to her room which is in my attic.

What did I do now? Why everyone is yelling at me?

With Love❤️
introvert_2001

Word Count: 1121.