Stalks and Hides

Kia's POV:

It's been a week, and that monster visited the NGO every day, sitting at least for an hour waiting for me. I'm not sure but I feel like he had a glimpse of me running inside the building. He gave a longing look towards the building and sighed. The sadness in his eyes kind of made me uncomfortable. I don't know why he is coming here every day, but he must have a reason. And I was almost caught by him in the traffic the other day. I sat behind Arjun and he looked at me while I immediately ducked my head down. He chased our scooty for some distance but gave up when Arjun drove in another direction leaving him in the traffic.

And today, he directly went to Arif and stated that he is lying. Arif stood on his words and politely declined his statements. Arif Baba definitely deserves a hike.

It was evening and almost everyone left. I asked the warden to be careful and signalled the security to take care of them. He nodded politely at me and handed me two papers making me frown.

" I found these on the table mam. That guy who comes to see you daily have left them here on the table." Ramu Kaka said. I looked at them and squealed in joy. I've never attended a concert and it's Arohi Aunty's concert.

What if he forgot these here? Dumbo! It's his mom's concert. He doesn't need a ticket to attend.

I looked back at the tickets and there are two. These look expensive. I looked at them keenly and they turned out to be the reserved seats. And it's the day after tomorrow. Set! One for me and one for Arjun. He will get to see his love in front of his eyes. I looked around and jumped a little. Arjun will be happy.

I rushed back home and changed my clothes after freshening up. I asked our chef not to cook for me and there are no one home. I climbed the ladder to Arjun's house and jumped on his lawn.

I turned back to see Arjun glaring at me from the kitchen. I gave him a toothy grin and rushed inside.

" Someone's in a good mood. What happened? My son stopped visiting you?" He asked and I nodded no laughing a little.

" I'll take you somewhere that makes you happy and what will I get in return?" I asked raising my eyebrows. He gave me an amused smile and put the cake batter inside the oven.

" Is it worth it?" He asked sitting on the island.

" Why don't you try? I bet you'll cry in happiness." I said and he thought for a while.

" Kia is giving you a surprise Arjun. What are you thinking?" I asked a bit offended by his lethargic nature.

" No. I'm thinking about what I should reward you. Wait! What do you want?" He finally asked consoling my heart.

" I'll ask you that later but look what I got for you," I said taking out the tickets from my jacket. He looked at them and stilled for a second not believing.

" Arohi's concert?" He asked and I nodded. Arjun pulled me into a quick hug. He kept mumbling thank you and I felt the wetness on my shoulder. I patted his back gently and caressed his salt-pepper hair.

" How did you get them? And that too the reserved one?" He asked doubtfully.

" Think that someone left this intentionally or unintentionally," I said looking around but not at him.

" Are you sure you want to take me there and not some of your friends?" He asked.

" You are my first friend Arjun. You took me to ice cream when Mumma put the mirchi powder in my mouth." I said hugging his arm. He ruffled my hair a little and kissed my temple. We had our dinner that night and I went back to my house.

I do know how these two days went. Arjun ka naam bhi mat lo! He has turned into a little boy who is eagerly waiting to go to the candy shop. He shopped a few outfits and forced me to go shopping along with him. I ended up buying a sparkly party dress.

It is afternoon and he is taking his nap so that he can't miss his Arohi Aunty's concert at night. I'm playing X-box and I got a message saying that there is an offer running in Skechers and I should shop. Dumb! I just shopped there a week back.

I resumed playing and I don't know when I dozed off. I woke up with Arjun's screams. I wiped my saliva off my mouth and looked around to see Arjun already ready. I looked at the time and shit! It's 6:30 PM.

" You are getting late Kia. The concert starts at 7:30 PM." He screamed and I have to close my ears.

" Shut up Arjun! I just woke up." I screamed walking to my house. I brushed my teeth and took a bath. I looked at myself in the mirror and found the dark circles. Argh!

I was in between my makeup and Arjun is urging me to get ready faster. I hurriedly put so some glitter eye shadow and dark red lipstick. I finally got into my sparkly outfit and ran outside holding my heels.

" Stop honking baba. I'm here." I said and I must say that Arjun is looking dashing in that outfit. Someone will easily believe if we say that he is in his late 30s. I sat in his Benz and we made it to the venue. The whole way he ate my head that he got late because of me.

" Tell me that you got late again and I'll tear these tickets right now." I screamed and he turned silent. The valet parked the car and we proceeded towards the venue. The ticket master checked our tickets before escorting us to the VIP seating. I'm feeling overwhelmed. This is the first time I'm attending a concert. Arjun looked so confident and comfortable that a few people even greeted him and asked for selfies. I have to push them away. Arjun is exclusively for Arohi.

" You are used to all these. Isn't it Arjun?" I asked and he chuckled nodding.

Everyone waited for half an hour and I glared at Arjun. He rushed me here and the concert hasn't even started yet.

" I'll see your end, Arjun. " Saying this, I stamped on his leg.

There is Arohi Aunty. The crowd went wild and I couldn't hold myself back seeing them. I stood up and screamed jumping. There is a huge smile on her face showing how much she is liking this attention.

" Arjun loves you Arohi Aunty." I screamed and the echo vanished in the crowd. But she heard me. Her smile faltered and she looked around looking for me probably. Arjun hurriedly pulled me down while I chuckled at his tensed face. I wish to see his face when he will have a face-to-face talk with her.

" Have you gone mad Kia?" He asked with an amusing smile.

" Yes, you are mad at her love." I screamed and he hit his head. The music started booming people started getting crazier with every passing minute.

With Love

introvert_2001

Word Count: 1254.