Arrogance and Apologies

Anshu's POV:

I, Papa sat on the dining table while Mumma joined us. We are currently at Papa's house as Mumma asked him to again babysit me. I see that Kia stopped coming here after that incident. And I regret greatly spoiling the friendship between Papa and Kia.

I waited for Mumma to talk to me but she just ignored me like she does daily. It's been a month but still, she is not talking to me.

Mumma served Papa and herself leaving me alone.

" I'm sorry Mumma. I'm ashamed of my acts." I whispered lowly but she continued eating like she didn't even hear.

" Arohi, listen to..." Papa is cut by Mumma. "I'm getting late Arjun. Please eat. You need to drop me as well." She said and I lost my appetite. I'm feeling like my heart is so heavy in pain and burden. The burden of not apologising to her. Whenever I go to the NGO or her home, she will never be there. Either she is really not there or that Arif guy is lying to me.

I left the breakfast table and Papa tried stopping me. Mumma held his hand and motioned him to eat.

" Arohi, you are going overboard on our son." Papa raised his voice.

" He should know how others feel when they are hurt repeatedly, Arjun. All my life I protected him from such things and he can't do the same to others. If you think I'm going overboard then heck I am Arjun." She said loudly hitting the plate with her spoon. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to control my pain.

I walked out of the villa and is walking on the pavement taking the cold breeze in.

" Hey, Anshu..!" I heard someone scream. I looked back to see Sruthi Aunty, Kia's Mom waving her hand at me. I passed her my usual smile and waved back.

" Come here." She screamed again and walked inside opening the gate.

" Sit, did you have your breakfast?" She asked filling another cup of tea.

" Ummm yes Aunty." I lied and she chuckled.

" Stop lying Anshu." She said and I looked at her taken aback.

" How, how do you know?" I asked her lowly.

" Just a guess." She shrugged laughing.

" Have it." She said passing me the tea.

" No. No, I don't drink tea." I politely rejected and she sighed.

" So, you are a milk boy like Kia said." She said and I chuckled.

" Why didn't you go to the office today Aunty?" I asked and instantly regretted it. Why should I poke my nose in someone else's matters?

" Because it's Sunday today." She said sipping her tea.

" Can I meet Kia?" I asked boldly while my heart is hammering inside.

" Ummm yeah. Sure. But she is still sleeping. She was in the gallery until 2 A.M. trying to sell some darn painting." She said and I found it odd. She spoke about some painting to Arif, asking him to sell it for her.

" Why don't you like her profession?" I asked her.

" She does that as a hobby. She never takes anything seriously." She said nonchalantly.

" Maybe you feel that because you never took her career seriously. I saw one of her paintings in Papa's home." I said chuckling awkwardly. I seriously don't know how to put my thoughts into words.

" You are supporting Kia?" She frowned.

" If my mother is like you or Uncle, I would never be in this position Aunty." I gave her a tight-lipped smile.