Aches and Droops

Kia's POV:

" Thank you, Jeetu Bhayya. Ye rakhiye." I said and handed him a few 200 rupee notes.

" Nahi Kia. Main ye nahi le sakta. Sir pays me well." He said and I laughed.

" I'm giving this to you because I want to and I don't want you to breathe about this anywhere. I think you know well how to cover me. Tell them that you took me to Lonavala or something." I said and he chuckled nodding.

My head is throbbing in pain and all I wish to do is have a hot shower in this cold weather and sleep. Though my stomach is grumbling, I think I can ignore it.

I walked into the house and slumped on the couch with closed eyes. Should I move my ass to go to my room now? I lazily pulled out the box of blueberries from my bag and plopped them into my mouth with my eyes still closed. I sighed with the blueberries still in my mouth.

" Kia?" I heard a soft voice and I instantly recognised it. Arjun!

I opened my eyes and turned towards the source of the voice to see him along with that monster near my father. I passed him a gentle smile while he looked at me sadly.

" Why didn't you come to the engagement?" He asked slowly while I can feel that monster's sight on me.

" I had work, Arjun." I said but he is not ready to trust me.

" More important than me?" He asked dejectedly.

" Yes, even if it hurt you." I whispered thinking about the property that I purchased today.

" I need to talk to you." He stated and I sighed tiredly.

" Can we talk tomorrow Arjun? I'm really tired today. I'm not sure I'll even be able to change my clothes." I said truthfully getting up from the couch.

" Please, Kia. I need to sort this right now." Arjun said stubbornly.

" What do you want to talk about?" I asked and he smiled.

" I'm really sorry for that day Kia..." He said and I cut him off in between.

" You came here to talk about that incident?" I asked leaving my bag on the ground. I seriously feel like sleeping on the floor here.

" Yes." He said and I showed him my hand.

" Whom did you come here as Arjun? As my best friend or as your son's father?" I asked and he looked at his son and contemplated.

" As your best friend." Arjun said immediately looking at me.

" Then you can ask that stranger to please walk back to his home." I said trying to control my sleep as well as my anger.

" Kia, I'm..." I stopped him with one glare but my mother intervened at the wrong time.

" Oh, Siddhansh beta, when did you come?" My mother asked over dramatically.

" Kia, meet my new best friend Siddhansh. I met him a few minutes back in tea party at Arohi's" She said and I smirked at her coldly.

" I don't know when Arohi Aunty started hosting tea parties leaving her concerts and when this milk boy started having tea instead." I snorted and my mother gulped. I saw that monster stifling his laugh looking down.

" Ask him to walk out of this house respectfully Ma." I said in a cold and tired voice.

" Kia, please listen..." He said and I nodded my head no.

" Arjun, will you ask that stranger to leave this place or not?" I screamed throwing the vase. Everyone looked taken aback except Arjun. I don't understand why but I sometimes act like a bitch who is out of control.