Pomegranates and Warnings

Author's POV:

" Can't you learn anything other than Poha Arjun?" She yelled in despair. Anshu looked at her and felt like she'd go into depression if she eat Poha.

" It's Poha in my house too, that's why I skipped breakfast," Kia said and sighed looking at the empty plate.

" Sorry Kia, I only looked for Anshu and me. I didn't expect you here." Arjun said brutally honest and it hurt Kia.

His son turned more important to him and me now. She thought and blinked her tears back.

" I'll have my breakfast at the NGO Arjun." She mumbled and got up to leave.

" Kia, baby, sit! I'll cook Maggi for you. " Arjun said but what he has to do had already been done.

" It's ok Arjun." She said and smiled at him collecting her bag. Anshu suddenly held her hand and made her sit on the chair.

" You have to eat Poha tomorrow too. Because I'll be staying here as your Arjun is babysitting me." Anshu said and Kia and Arjun looked at him shocked. Arjun looked at his son amused by how he used the word babysitting which he didn't like.

Anshu opened the lid of the bowl and served Poha to Kia first. She made faces seeing the Poha and glared at Arjun for not cooking for her.

Kia looked at her plate and she felt like she'd die if she eat that. Anshu served Arjun and himself even though that's not enough for them.

" That's Dadpe Pohe. Anshu loves it." Arjun said and Anshu felt something in him when he saw his father do everything according to his liking, from his soap to what he eat.

" Just look at it Arjun, there are chillies, grated coconut and... and POMEGRANATE." She screamed and almost cried looking at her plate. Arjun sighed knowing how much she hate poha. While Anshu felt like she is overreacting.

" Eat." Anshu said coldly and she looked at Arjun pleading with her eyes. He looked at her helplessly.

" But." She said in her cracked voice.

" I said eat Kia," Anshu said pitching up his tone a little. Arjun looked taken aback when his calm son raised his voice.

Kia looked at her plate and murdered the Poha with her spoon. Meanwhile, Anshu separated the coconut, chilli pieces and pomegranate pushing his plate to her. He pushed the stuff he separated into her plate and took it.

" Eat now. There is no coconut, chillies or Pomegranate." Anshu said making Arjun smile.

" Still, I don't like Poha." She mumbled and Anshu sighed. He grabbed the spoon from her hand and pushed the spoon full of Poha into her mouth shocking the remaining two.

" Why do you hate me?" Kia asked Anshu as tears drenched her cheeks.

" Swallow," Hr ordered and she flinched at her place. She quickly swallowed it choking herself. Anshu made her drink the water and resumed feeding her forcefully.

" Never waste the food, Kia. Some people cry to have little food. I don't know what your father does but I can say that you are super rich. Don't be a brat and adjust with everything you have." Anshu said pushing the water glass into her mouth.

Arjun had tears in his eyes seeing how responsible and mature his son is. He is proud that Arohi has moulded him into someone so beautiful. She sipped hiccing up and Arjun's mobile rang. He quickly finished the last bit of Poha and went to the balcony.

" What is my son doing?" Arohi asked smiling from the other side. She intentionally left Anshu in Arjun's house so they could bond well.

" Putting some sense in Kia by feeding her." Arjun smiled leaning onto the threshold.