Gazes and Giggles

Kia's POV:

This could be the best day so far I can say. Even though I kind of manipulated Siddhansh into accepting both Arjun and Arohi Aunty's wedding, it took us a week to convince him. That man is not getting that he is in this world because his parents had their moments. He is getting insecure as fuck.

" Arjun, where is Pandit ji?" I squealed looking at him cladded in a peach kurta.

" He will be here in an hour

" He will be here in an hour. He is in some pooja it seems." Arjun said cupping my cheek which has no trace of the bruises.

" You look pretty my baby." He said looking at me softly. His smile held a lot of emotions.

" My baby looks handsome too." I cooed holding his cheeks and he chuckled loudly.

" I'm pretty sure your lover and son look beautiful and handsome too. Just have some patience. I'll ask the priest to find the quickest date possible so that I can settle both of you in a single room." I said winking and he held my ear.

" Ahhhh... It's hurting Arjun." I said trying to free myself from his hold.

We waited for a few minutes and then came Arohi Aunty and her monster. They look good in peach and red outfits. Arjun and she are looking at each other without averting their eyes. I gently cleared my throat and they looked away embarrassed.

" There is still time for your wedding." Siddhansh mumbled and I chuckled seeing Arohi Aunty glaring at him.

Even though Pandit ji made us wait, he graced us with an apologetic face.

" Kshama kijiye Arjun ji, der ho gayi." He said with an apologetic face and Arjun just waved that off with a smile.

How can this man smile all the time?

" Come on Aunty, tell me, you have fallen for Arjun's smile. Didn't you?" I asked bending a little towards Aunty but who knows that there will be her monster son who looked ready to rip my head off from my neck. I nervously chuckled at him and moved away.

Pandit ji sat on the vast loveseat while Arjun and Arohi Aunty sat together. I had no other option other than sitting with that monster.

" So, can I have the name, date of birth and place of birth of the kids to proceed further Arjun Ji?" Pandit ji asked and I held myself from laughing.

" Why do you need our details to fix their marriage, Pandit Ji?" Anshu monster asked and I couldn't hold myself anymore. I laughed and Arjun and Arohi aunty looked embarrassed.

" We are not getting married Pandit ji. It's Arjun and Arohi Aunty who are getting married. As I'm the one to lead their wedding further, I called you here." I said proudly while the couple looked at each other. I see that monster's mouth is singing a few colourful words under his breath.

" Name Arohi Ahuja, D.O.B 22 April 1974, Born in Delhi." Siddhansh said and looked away.

" Stop being moody. Will you? It's your parent's day and please smile at them at least. Don't disappoint them. Please." I whispered bending towards him. He looked at me sadly and nodded.

" Arjun Dalvi, January 14th 1970, born in Mumbai." I said with a huge smile. They will be married soon and Arjun will get the love of his life, Siddhansh will get his father, Arohi Aunty will get her husband, her love.

" What's with these tears, my baby?" Arjun asked pulling me out of the trance. Am I crying? I touched my cheeks and found them wet. I just chuckled and nodded no.

" Nothing Arjun. Those are just happy tears for the three of you." I said looking at my knotted fingers. I felt an intense gaze and directed my eyes towards them. Siddhansh's gazes looked as if they are piercing right through my soul. I gave him a tight lipped smile and looked at Pandit ji motioning him to find the best dates possible.

" Seeing the horoscopes of both the individuals, these looked good. They are good for each other. And...." He paused and counted something on his fingers.

" We can proceed with the engagement on the 20th of this month. if you feel it's too early, we can have the engagement on the 31st as well." He said and I'm quick to choose the first date. I looked at Arjun and he just blinked his eyes assuring me that it's fine.

" What about you aunty?" I asked and she just smiled warmly.

" As you wish beta." She mumbled patting my cheek. Her hands are so soft and smells good too. I took a deep whiff and Siddhansh chuckled. I looked at Arjun whining but her just squeezed my cheeks kissing my cheek.

" Tho, 20th tareek ko engagement thih karenge. Aur ab Shaadi ki tareek nikhaliye." I said excited. Siddhansh was mumbling something under his breath and I pinched his thigh to keep quiet. He always mumbles like an old woman.

" Ji beta. Tho Shaadi hum agle mahine 28th ko rakh sakte hain. Agar aap engagement aur Shaadi ke beech main kuch samay chahte tho 5 mahine baad ka muhurat hain." Pandit ji said and I looked at Arjun and Arohi aunty.

I bit my lips to control myself. Arjun's face is worth watching when Pandit ji said the next date is after 5 months.

" We will opt for the next month's date Pandit ji. What do you say Arjun?" Arohi aunty asked in a hurry and her love nodded quickly. Siddhansh looked restless and looking everywhere except his parents.

" Sid!" I called and he turned to me. His eyes held great pain. I placed my hand on the back of his palm and to my surprise it's so cold and sweat is all over his hand.

" Calm down. Come on take a deep breath." I whispered and he did as I asked.

" My Mumma." He whispered and his voice cracked at the end.

" Shhhh...... Shhhh...... Come on." I whispered caressing his hand gently with my thumb.

" Acha pandit ji, Engagement is on 20th of this month and wedding is on the 28th of next month. Let' fix this." I said and I saw his hands shaking.

They are busy looking at each other smiling like teenagers who just sneaking out of the college. I asked Pandit ji to write the shubh lekha and excused myself dragging Siddhansh along.

With Love ❤️
introvert_2001

Word Count: 1106.