Adhiraj, however, wasn't calm. Far away from it, actually. He was seething in anger; his eyes were deadly darkened. Even though he was worried, Zaira was fascinated by how good he looked at that time. She shook her head internally.

It isn't the time!

For a man his age, he was still one of the finest one could be. He had a great physique and a healthy body. Abhimanyu and he were similar to each other in their physical appearance. Their height and weight were perfectly matched. They were both replicas of each other, unless it came to their eyes and hair. He still looked like he could make girls fall on his feet.

[A/N: Dear readers, Adhiraj isn't your average uncle with a fat belly. 🙃]

At that very moment, no one saw it coming when Abhimanyu abruptly stood up, lifted Amayra into his arms, and walked away.

Abhimanyu Yuvraj Singhania

No one spoke a word when I continued to drive. The anger I felt at that very moment was indescribable. I felt like setting this whole city on fire.

I clenched the steering wheel tightly in my hands.

How dare that bitch touch my Amayra!

She even had the audacity to slap her!

The grip I had on the wheel suddenly loosened as a smirk slowly crept up my lips.

You have no idea what I have planned for you, woman. Now that you've chosen your fate, I might as well plan it perfectly for you.

I stopped the car and got out, and Amayra did the same. I held her hand in mine and began walking towards the cliff. I made her sit down on my lap while facing me. Needless to say, she was scared. Silence was all around us when I finally decided to say something.

"Whatever she told you wasn't true."

I started with a low voice.

"I know you were hurt by her words. But let me tell you one thing: you are not weak; you're not a loser, and we certainly didn't pity you. I won't speak for anyone else but myself, and I want to tell you that it doesn't matter what others think; I love you and I want you in my life. You are my sister, and you're the most important person in my life."

Taking a deep breath, I said, "And it doesn't matter if no one likes you because I promise you that I will be with you until the day I live. You always have my back, no matter what you do. Even if you decide to kill someone, I'm with you."

It was nothing but the truth. In our world, no one is pure. Business is something that always has the deepest of secrets. It's more likely to be compared with the mafia. No one can survive with innocence in this field. I had my fair share of sins myself; I might as well protect my sister. Even though I don't like to engage myself directly, Anthony is enough to sort out these problems. I don't even have to bat an eye.

Amayra said nothing, but I saw a thin layer of tears fill her eyes. Sniffling cutely, she slowly leaned her head on my chest.

I couldn't describe that moment. She was so tiny compared to me that it made me feel as if she were the most delicate thing in the world. Feeling her in my arms felt like bliss.

People always ask me about my relationship status since both my brothers of my age have been married. They, however, don't know that I wasn't interested in it. Women don't appeal to me in any way. I haven't touched one in my entire life. There was no denying it that I was an aromantic, an 'aro'. I was born like it; it's not like I can do anything about it anyway. Amayra, however, made me feel as if I weren't her brother but a father. I craved this relationship with her. I wanted to take care of her like a child. I liked the bond I had with her.