Epilogue: Life

I uploaded the last chapter yesterday. Iyon muna bago ito. Thank you guys for reading! :)

Yenn's POV

Naglalakad ako ngayon papunta sa opisina ni Hades. Hawak-hawak ko ang papel na naglalaman ng mga sagot.

I am sure now.

Tama na ang lahat ng ito. It took me a long time to learn; I have been through a lot... but now I finally understand.

The rules are connected.

They are not just the Golden Rules of the Underworld, but they're also the rules of life.

They seem nonsense and evil but true enough, there's more beyond the words.

You should be heartless,
and never be careless.

Alam ko na kung bakit noong una kong sinubukang sagutin ito, eh unang tingin pa lang ni Hades ay mali na. I was wrong to think that having a heart is a weakness. It's a strength. It is a strength because you have a heart to give.

Para makipaglaban at makipagsapalaran ng tama sa buhay, dapat ay heartless ka.

Heartless... not by doing evil things without a bit of mercy, but in a way na wala sa'yo ang puso mo. Wala sa'yo ang puso mo kasi nasa ibang tao.

It could be your family, a friend, or even that special someone.

Kasi sa laro ng buhay? Hindi ka naman lalaban kung wala sa ibang tao ang puso mo.

It is the thing you call love or affection.

Love... is what triggers us to start moving. It becomes the reason kung bakit gusto nating magpatuloy, kung bakit gusto nating lumaban, kung bakit gusto nating mabuhay.

It is the start of everything.

It is what motivates us.

However, sa pagpili ng mga taong pagbibigyan mo ng puso mo, dapat maingat ka. Who knows what they can do with it? You need not to be careless because God knows how fragile your heart is.

This Rule #1 leads us to Rule #2. The former is the reason why you could do the latter.

You should act as a distraction,
but fight with inspiration.

Distraction is a thing that prevents someone from giving their full attention to something else.

At sa buhay? Ang dapat mong idistract ay ang pag-ikot ng mundo sa sarili mo.

Hindi umiikot ang mundo para lang sa'yo. You need to distract the rotation of your own world. You need to admit that there is someone else who needs your world. Give attention to yourself, and some of it to others as well.

Ang tanong lamang dito ay kanino? Sino ang inspirasyon mo?

But then, that has been answered in the first rule.

And all this time, nagawa ko na pala ang rule numbers 1 and 2 even before I got the clue from Hades. I didn't even realize it, but I have done the first rule since I admitted that I am in love with Xyril.