Chapter 55: Sacrifices

Hi! This is the last chapter. I dedicate this to all of you who still made it up to this point. I thank you—for reading, patiently waiting, voting, commenting, and supporting—with all my heart. This entire story's for you!

(I think this chapter is lame so I'll edit it if I have time.)

Yenn's POV

I have been standing here for a few minutes already, and I haven't figured out where to start yet.

I have watched different batches of people cross this pedestrian lane in front me, yet I still do not know what to do with this paper.

I have been trying to concentrate and ignore the honks and beeps around me and still, I have no idea why Hades gave me this one instead.

Okay, fine.

Bakit nga ba ako nandito sa labas?

"Hey, you okay?" Jian asked. I nodded. Of course I'm more than okay. It's just that kinakabahan ako sa kung anong clue ang ibibigay sa akin ni Hades. Would it be easy? That kind of easy na sa unang tingin ko pa lang dito eh maiintindihan ko na? Or would it be the other way around?

I was just about to answer her when the door opened.

Sinundan ko ng tingin si Kara nang lumabas siya sa pinto ng office. She looked okay to me at first glance, but her face later told me otherwise. No doubt, whatever clue Hades told her, it sure bothered the hell out of her.

Why was that?

I didn't have more time to drown myself in deep thoughts, though. I knew it was already my turn to talk to him.

Tumayo ako at pumasok sa loob ng opisina niya. Rinig ko ang tunog ng pagtama ng sapatos ko sa itim na marbled floor na nilalakaran ko.

"Oh, the last one. The one with multiple names," sabi niya nang huminto ako sa harap ng mesa niya. Inilahad niya sa akin ang upuan at umupo naman ako. "What should I even call you?"

Hindi ako sumagot.

"Having cleared the 50th Door, you have the power to wish for anything within my capacity, and I will grant it to you as soon as possibleassuming that your wish isn't to leave my place, of course. That's an ultimate wish that only princes have. And you are not, Miss Young. So, what's yours?"

Hindi nakaligtas ang puso ko when he mentioned 'prince.' Xy... where are you, baby?

I cleared my thoughts, inhaled, and looked at his covered face.

"Clues," I whispered. "I want clues on how to get out, I want answers," I added, louder this time.

"Just exactly I thought it would be. Clues. Same with the other girls except for one."

One of us didn't ask for clues? Ang alam ko lahat kami lumaban para doon. Bakit may isang iba ang hiniling?

I wondered who it was and what she wished for.

I watched him as he scribbled something down on a piece of special paper.

Binaba niya ang pen pagkatapos at inabot sa akin ang piraso ng papel, "here, good luck."

Inabot ko ang papel. I nodded a little before I went out of his cold room.

Good luck, indeed...