She recalls this sentence in her memory, her breath quivering at the familiar words.

Abhimanyu's face suddenly appeared in her mind.

"You're a strong girl, Amayra. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!"

With a sudden boost of confidence, she looked up at her tutor fearlessly.

She was there to teach her, not to criticise her. If she was making mistakes, she was supposed to help her, not curse her.

Alina lost her demeanour the moment she saw Amayra's blank eyes.

How disrespectful!

"Who are you glaring at?"

She says it furiously.

Upon seeing that Amayra wasn't going to back down, she lifted her hand and struck it on Amayra's face.

She slapped her!

Not stopping her actions, she clutched Amayra's hand in a tight grip.

"Be respectful, you brat!"

Amayra felt as if her courage had been drained. Feeling the stinging pain on her cheek and her arm, she couldn't help but feel helpless. Tears flew down her cheeks slowly when her arm was finally freed from the vicious grip.

She was not glaring!

"How insolent of a child you are! Such a bastard! It looks like the Singhanias really pitied such trash like you."

Did that hurt?

Yes, it did.

Amayra felt her hands trembling in shame and humiliation as Alina spoke those words.

They told her that they loved her, didn't they?

Was all of that a pretence?

She turned her teary eyes towards the person in front of her.

" What!? Did I say something wrong?"

Alina tilted her head mockingly.

"Aren't you just a pathetic girl who doesn't even speak for herself? A pathetic mute, tsk."

She continued mocking her, and Amayra felt like her ears were burning. She bit her lips hard to stop herself from breaking down.

What was her problem?

Why is she so ruthless towards her?

Alina chuckled. "Awe, is the princess going to cry?"

She clicked her tongue and said, "See, you're good for nothing. Just a crybaby who lives on sympathy."

Standing up gracefully, she patted Amayra's cheeks.

"I want the whole exercise book to be completed, young lady. Don't slack off."

With a scoff, Alina went away, clicking her heels loudly on the floor.

Only when she was completely out of the room did Amayra break down into tears.

They pitied her.

She was a loser.

She was good for nothing.

She lives on sympathy.

Maybe she does.

Alina was right.

She was just a pathetic mute.

Crouching down on the floor, Amayra curled herself into a ball. Her body shook violently with the intensity of her cries. Tears flew down her green eyes as she continued drowning herself in self-pity. Alina's words had pierced her heart mercilessly.