Chapter Twenty

Muffled pop music flooded out from Kelsey's phone as she hopped around her room, lip syncing to the words from the song. Her phone screen was filled with the image of a woman sat in a brightly lit office, the computer screen to the left of her blasting the music that they were both bobbing their heads along to.
The woman looked up from the stack of papers she was filtering through, pushing her reading glasses up unto her head and pinching the bridge of her nose between her fingers.

     "I swear. I let Leo do orders for one week and he's gone and fucked us for this weekend." Her voice crackled briefly due to poor connection, the screen pixelating. Kelsey looked away from the two dresses laid out on her bed, her brow creasing in sympathy.

     "Is it really that bad, Mils?" Kelsey asked, walking over to the vanity to which her phone was perched delicately for their video call. Milly huffed before putting the papers down on the desk next to her, smiling to her friend through the phone.

     "Oh we are screwed." She laughed. "So I need distractions. Tell me again, everything that's happened." She hunched up in her office chair, pulling her knees up and resting her chin on them, long waves of dark hair falling over her shoulders as she leant forward to grab her phone.
Kelsey laughed. It had taken Milly a while to calm down from the scalding she'd given her earlier when she first called to check in. Now it seemed she was fully onboard with this situation that Kelsey had seemed to have got herself involved in.
     "So is he hot? Are we talking Henry Cavill levels or Alex Turner circa 2015?"

     "So many questions. Sheesh." Kelsey said turning away from the camera and reaching for the two dresses. Lifting them up in full view of the camera. "Which one should I go with?"
     "I think I'm warranted for my questions. You have your nicotine habit and I have my 'need to know everyone's business' habit. It's how we get by in daily life. Now spill." Milly said, spinning in her chair to skip the next song on the playlist. "But go with the white one. The red velvet seems too gauche."

Kelsey looked again at the two choices, nodding in agreement with Milly's decision.
      "Though, if you turn up in what you're wearing now I don't think this Sean guy would mind." Milly suggested raising her eyebrows and fighting back a smirk.

  Kelsey looked over her reflection, the matching Burgundy, lace lingerie set fitting her body like a glove. 
      "I think you'd be skipping the dinner plans, but he'd still be eating-"
      "Milly stop!" Kelsey cried, her cheeks flushing the same colour as her underwear. The sound of Milly's laugh vibrated the tabletop.
      "I'm joking, I'm joking!" Milly said between laughs. Kelsey turned from the phone, unzipping the dress and stepping into it, attempting to hide the smile that was growing.

      "No you're not."
      "Yeah you're right, Kels. But still. Stop avoiding the question. Is this Sean guy hot?"

   Pulling the silky fabric over her body, Kelsey carefully pulled the delicate straps over her arms and reached round to zip the back of the dress up. Looking back at her phone, she bit her lower lip still trying to contain her joy, nodding her head in response. Milly squealed from the other end of the phone, her nose scrunching up as she spun back and forth in her office chair.

     "He is, umm, well he's quite well sculpted." Kelsey said. "His shoulders you could land a plane on and I think I was genuinely a tad bit entranced by his abs."
     "So we are definitely talking more Henry Cavill then."
     "Honestly Milly. He's his own category of attractiveness."
     "Oh shit."

Knock, knock, knock.

Kelsey's checked to time on the alarm clock behind her. 17:06.

     "Who's there?" Milly's voice questioned as Kelsey shuffled over to the hotel room door. Opening it with a triumphant force she was met by the tired looking face of Sadie.