Chapter 24 (Memory)

Parker POV:
I was sitting on the stairs of the orphanage crying, wishing my parents were still alive. I looked up and saw this girl who was just playing in the yard, doing flips and cartwheels. I don't remember her from the last few nights, so she must not be an orphan and must just be a pack member. She noticed me sitting on the steps and walked over to me and asked, "Hey, are you ok? Why are you crying?"
I look at her happy smile and say, "You wouldn't understand."
"Try me, I might suprise you."
"I just miss my parents they were killed in an attack a few days ago."
She sat down next to me and put her arm around me and said, "Yeah, I completely understand that. I miss my parents sometimes, too. But at least you have the happy memories with your parents."
"What do you mean do you not have good memories with yours?" I questioned curiously.
"I never got to meet my parents, only the stories." She said sadly.
"Why'd you never meet them. What happened?"
"My mom died giving birth to me, and dad couldn't handle the loss, so he killed himself a week later."
"Oh, that really sucks." I said.
"Yeah, I blamed myself for a while after I learned how they died." She said.
"Hey, if you're an orphan too, then why haven't I seen you around here." I asked
"Well, my uncles took me in and raised like their own, with their kids." She said happily.
"That was nice of them. Why is it that you are so happy with what has happened to you?" I question.
"I may not have my parents, but I have my family and this pack. We are small, so we are very close." She said.
"That's nice. I'm just waiting for my aunt to find me she is part of Slivermoon pack. Hopefully, she knows I was one of the survivors of the attack."
"Yeah, I heard my uncles talking, it sound like the attack on your pack was brutal. But if you want, I can tell my uncles to contact Silvermoon's Alpha and tell him you're here." She said.
"You can do that." I said kind of excitedly.
"Yeah, why not. And while we wait for your aunt to be able to get you, we can play and train together every day."
"Yeah, that sounds fun."
"I just realized that I never asked what your name is?"
"I'm Parker. What's your name?"
"Lucy, Parker, I can tell we will be close friends." She said.
"Yeah, you seem so nice, I hope we can stay friends forever." I said.
"Yeah, well, I'll come by later to play. I'm going to go tell my uncle's about you and your aunt."
"Ok, see you later, Lucy."