Chapter 4

Lucy's POV:
After Carson yelled at Luke about me carrying more then the rest of the boys, which made me want to growl at him. I sped up, when I sped up I heard the rest of my team speed up to keep up. Blake caught up with me and put his arm over my shoulder and started talking in such a quite voice that if I wasn't right next to him and a wolf that I wouldn't have heard him say, "Luc  I have a question?"
"Yeah wants up Blake." I replied in a quite voice.
"I was wondering do you have a bad feeling about this mission or is it just me." Blake said.
"No Blake you aren't the only one, something just doesn't seem right like something is going to go wrong. When we get to base we will go talk to the general about our concerns, ok?" I replied.
"Yeah, sounds good."
"But don't say anything to the others we need their minds clear." I said. With that he took his arm off my shoulder. When we got close to base I turned and ran backwards and said, "Boys when we get to base me and Blake have to go talk to the General, so while we are gone, put your stuff in our tent Zander and Zach  know what I am talking about and be ready for whatever training I am ready to throw at you when we get there."
They all shook their heads in response. When we got to base we split up me and Blake went to the General's office and knocked on the door.
"Come in." General Conners yelled.
Once we went into his office Conners said, "Hey you two, nice to see y'all. What do you need?"
"Sir, we wanted to express the fact that me and Blake both have a bad feeling about this mission that something is going to go wrong." I said.
"You guys this mission is time sensitive, so I can't push it I know your intuitions are normal spot on, but I can't do anything. You will just need to train your team even harder then normal and train them for all out comes." Conners said.
"Yes sir can you send out an order to all the other teams so we can have a shooting train exercise on the paintball field." I asked.
"Of course I will put as many scenarios out there for y'all." Conners replied.
Me and Blake turned to leave we opened the door to leave. My mate and his beta were standing on the other side. When General Conners said, "Lucy, Blake." We both stopped and turned and said, "Yes Sir."
Conners said, "I know you guys are the best at it, but please expectionally with your gut feelings about this mission train your team to block out everything that isn't needed for the mission, so they have no distraction. No matter what happens."
"Yes, Sir it will be done." I said.
With that we turned and left to join the rest of our team.

Max's POV:
Hearing Alpha Conners say that to my mate had my gut turning, and I was wondering what gut feelings they were having about their mission.
The I hear Conners say, "Alpha Max and Beta Carson come on in." We went in and sat down. And Conners continued, "I just called this meeting to have a face to face with you guys with one of your wolves exceptionally since it is your brother Carson that is going to war soon. I do this with any Alpha that has a wolf going on for a tour to make sure if anything happens to them that we won't have a problem between the packs."
"Then where are the other alpha's because those two that walked out are both wolves and part of Luke's team." Carson replied.
"Of that team Zach and Blake are my wolves and I normally unless there has been a power change in the pack they are from I don't met with the Alpha after their first tour and this will be Lucy's fourth." Conners replied.
"Do you meet with their mates if they find them and their mate is from another pack?" I asked.
"No not normal Max why do you ask?"
"Because at the airport coming here I found my mate that just happens to be Lucy." I said.
"Oh, she hadn't told me in this case I would have said something to you since you are an alpha. If I would have known."
"Ok, I heard you say to her and Blake something about expectionally with their gut feelings, what was that about if you don't mind me asking." I said.
"I actually waited to say that till you guys could hear because of the fact of Luke and why I wanted to talk to you guys. They don't have a good feeling about the out come of this mission, so all of their team is going through even harder training then normal and that's saying something with that team Lucy trains them for everything anyway just like Randel did, but that would make since her, him, and Blake were close. There is only one thing that Randel would say before every mission that Lucy hasn't." Conners said.
"Who is Randel?" I said growling a little.
"Oh Randel was Lucy and Blake's commanding officer on their first tour. Randel was also Blake's older brother. He must have seen something in Lucy that he made her second in command over ones that had been on many tours with him and had her train harder then the others. She learned most her training techniques from him." Conners said.
"What happened to him you keep talking about him in the passed tense?" Carson asked.
"Oh he was killed in action during Blake and Lucy's first tour. Lucy literally dragged his body back to the base after they finished what they had to do so that Blake and his family had his body to bury. She is a natural born leader literally took over command as soon as she saw that Randel was gone." Conners said.
"That's crazy." Carson said.
"Ok, you guys never answered my initial question if anything would happen to them would our packs still be good." Conners said.
"I want to say we would be good, but to be trueful she is my mate that I just found so I don't know how my wolf would react if something happened to her." I said honestly.
"That's understandable Max. Hey do you guys want to see their team in action." Conners asked.
"Yeah sure, but how?" I asked.
"They are going to be starting a mock mission on the paintball feild soon you guys could try to see how well you guys do in being on the opposite side of them. The only rules no real weapons and your dead if you get hit in the head or heart. I really want to see if Lucy is good enough to ignore the fact that her mate is on the field." Conners said.
"Yeah sure that sounds cool I would love to see that." I said.
"Yeah I want to see if Luke's stories about there team are true." Carson said.
Conners laughed and then added, "Also don't take it personal if your brother or mate end up 'killing' you expectionally if Lucy give them her normal pep talk before this training exercise."
With that Alpha Conners brought us to the paintball feild. Which was almost a whole town in itself. I couldn't wait to play even if they are trained for this.