Chapter 39: My Dream

Mulai dari awal

My eyes wandered to the setting sun, a magnificent natural sight to see. Flying through the air and watching the sky was like... Freedom! I took a deep breath and flew quickly towards the sea, flying above the water was an incredible feeling, I felt like a bird spreading its wings and I could even see the fish in the water although I had to be careful to avoid falling.

(Y/N): I'M FREE! I suddenly stopped in the air, letting out a loud scream that echoed across the infinite ocean.

However, I noticed someone who seemed to float on a plank of wood. It was a young man with red hair and a straw hat on his head, this poor guy had probably washed up at sea so I couldn't just leave him there. With a movement of my hand, he flew away and I took him back to land where he started coughing up water.

(Y/N): Are you all right?

???: Who are you kid?

(Y/N): My name is (Y/N), and you?

???: Where am I?

(Y/N): Oh, we're on Ohara, an island in West Bleu. Are you far from your ship?

???: Haha! I've really ended up on an island like Ohara. Anyway, my name's Shanks, nice to meet you.

Nowadays

The library in Elegia Castle was a large library, even if it was rather dusty, and the room needed cleaning. I didn't have time to think about cleaning the library as I was looking for books that would help me better understand the mystery of the Poneglyph in the basement.

(Y/N): "Liar Noland"... No, that's not the book I'm looking for...

I wasn't the only one in the library, as Uta was searching with me. She ran towards me with a book entitled "Ancient Myths and Legends". It was an old book hidden in the archives of the castle library, and the author of the book was apparently Nefeltari Lily... Wait, isn't that the name of the royal family of Alabasta? What's a book belonging to one of the twenty families who founded the World Government doing here?

(Y/N): Where did you find this book?

Uta: It was hidden in the castle's archives, I don't think anyone apart from members of the royal family knew about it...

(Y/N): How do you know where the archives are? I really wonder how she found the archives hidden somewhere in the library.

Uta: It's the result of years of exploring the castle... She seemed proud of her discovery, while I was more intrigued by the author of the book.

(Y/N): Nefeltari Lily, I've never heard that name before... I opened the dusty book to get some information, but I was surprised by the blank pages. There were no writings except on some pages, which looked very interesting.

Uta: Look at this chapter on Nika... She showed me a page containing information about the legendary character mentioned in the Poneglyph.

(Y/N): "In ancient times, a warrior awoke among men when the dark times came."

Uta: He's a hero? Is that why he's called the Warrior of Liberation?

(Y/N): Yes, apparently he saved the slaves.

Uta: I see...

(Y/N): "Armed with his spear and sword, but that wasn't his most powerful weapon. His laughter was the most ridiculous power in the world, capable of erasing people's doubts and sorrows."

I read the rest of the text with Uta even though some of the information didn't seem very clear, pieces of pages were removed as if someone had tried to hide information about Nika, the Warrior of Liberation. However, that wasn't the only one I was interested in, in fact I think I'd be more interested in the Wind Demon.