Chapter 43: Alliance

Lily: "I love you (Y/N). I will always love you. Even 800 years later, I'll still love you..."

Nefertari D. Lily's voice echoed in (Y/N)'s mind as he couldn't understand what he had just seen. These memories of a distant era were suddenly very hard for his mind to take in, and Lily's words of love had the effect of a hammer on (Y/N)'s head as he collapsed to the ground.

Seeing her captain lose his balance due to a migraine, Yamato grabbed him, shouting the pirate's name. She shook (Y/N) to calm him down as he seemed to be still confused by his memories. What was this vision? Who was this woman and why did this man have the same name as him? (Y/N) wondered if it wasn't him in those memories, but he'd never lived those moments, or at least he can't remember them...

Gilgamesh: "Wild Wind!" The Prince's loud voice startled the pirate. (Y/N) recovered his senses when he heard the voice of the leader of the rebellion. Silence fell as he turned his gaze to the man who didn't seem to have any sympathy for him.

(Y/N): "..."

Gilgamesh: "Are you okay? Have you finished your crisis?"

(Y/N): "Yeah, sorry to have worried you..."

Yamato: "Are you all right? What's happened to you?"

(Y/N): "I'm not sure, but I saw some strange memories..."

Yamato: "Strange memories?"

Gilgamesh: "What did you see?" The leader of the rebellion seemed a little more interested in the vision of (Y/N) who still seemed confused as if he was discovering his surroundings for the first time.

Yamato's eyes widened at the sight of a tear falling from (Y/N)'s eye.

(Y/N): "I saw a deep sadness... And a disgust for the world..."

Yamato: "What does that mean?"

(Y/N): "I don't know what it means. Nevermind, it's not important. Gilgamesh, I want you to take me to where Sabo's group is. Once they're free, I promise you your friends will be free too and we'll all have a party."

Gilgamesh: "I suppose I have no choice..." He said as he turned towards the forest of Elegia to the confusion of Yamato who asked (Y/N) for an explanation.

Yamato: "What's going on? Where are we going?"

(Y/N): "It's obvious, isn't it? We're going to find Sabo, Koala and Hack, I'm sure they're upset so we'll have to cheer them up." He had a smile on his face, happy at the idea of seeing his friends again.

Gilgamesh led (Y/N) and Yamato to the forest of Elegia surrounding the castle. Walking along the path through the trees, no one dared speak on the way to the hidden hideout of the Uruk Rebels where Sabo and his group were. The entrance was hidden under the ground, so it was very difficult to discover, even if Sabo and his group had managed to find the rebel hideout. However, they fell into a trap created by Gilgamesh, who had managed to capture them even though he hadn't killed them yet.

The Prince of Uruk showed the entrance to the two pirates, who saw stairs leading to an underground base filled with galleries beneath the island of Elegia. Gilgamesh lit a torch to illuminate the passage and asked (Y/N) and Yamato to follow him to Sabo, Koala and Hack's cell. The trio descended the stairs as the rebel glanced at (Y/N) who was observing the underground passage.

Gilgamesh: "Wild Wind, I'd rather warn you not to act friendly with me."

(Y/N): "I thought we'd become friends."

Gilgamesh: "You tricked me with this party idea, but we're not really friends. We're more like associates, but I don't want you to treat me like your friend."