Chapter 3: Misfortune

(Y/N) had closed the Oden's book as he tried to get his breath back, he observed the cover of the book before turning his attention towards the Yamato's mask that he lifted above of his head.

(Y/N): I should go to find this girl and give her belongings back like that I will not get any problems... But it is dark, Father could punish me if someone reports him to have seen me... A smile appeared on his face before he put on the Yamato's mask, covering his face.

With that mask, no one could see his face, he was safe with it. Hiding the Oden's logbook under his clothes, he turned towards the exit of his house, trying to make the least noise possible. Fortunately, his parents were still sleeping, and he had managed to leave the house and came to a quiet alley. (Y/N) lived in a rather quiet district where several families lived, far away from the bustle of the city.

Arriving in a busting avenue covered with lights, (Y/N) felt lost because he was not used to come out during the night. His parents forbade him to go outside in the evening since the city should be avoided because of the strange peoples who could harm him, but this was an exception. He must find Yamato, but the problem was that he didn't know where she was. He had made the mistake to leave in search of her without any information.

Man: Hey kid with the mask... Where are you going? Come and have a drink! A man, who was drunk, shouted as he held a sake cup and drank it all at one time. He tried to approach the boy, who took fright before collapsing on the ground.

Men: Ha ha! I knew that he could not hold his liquor! Some men sniggered as they came nearer to him, one of that people was a woman which was approaching him to pick him up. She raised her head and winked (Y/N). The young boy blushed behind his mask as he observed the woman, walking towards her group.

(Y/N): Those people are weird.

He was walking through the city looking for any girl with horns, avoiding all things that he thought strange. The little boy stopped in a small alleyway before sitting on the ground, trying to catch his breath. He had not found anything since the beginning, and it exhausted him.

(Y/N): I'm going to go back home, I can't find Yamato... He was interrupted by a shadow that passed over his head, he hardly had the time to see her before recognizing the silhouette. As the person ran across the roofs of the houses, (Y/N) began to pursue him before calling out to him. He suddenly stopped before noticing the young boy on the ground wearing a mask, covering his face. An expression of shock was visible on his face before he jumped in front of (Y/N) who took fright.

???: Hey, it's you! What are you doing with my mask?

(Y/N): Yamato! I looked everywhere for you! Finally, I find you! Yeah, this mask is yours, I came to give it back to you with your diary... He said as he pulled out the Yamato's journal, while she was surprising before tears filled her eyes.

Yamato: My precious! I was so worried...

(Y/N): I give you back your possessions, but please never come back to see me again! I don't want you to bring me problems.

Yamato: Say... Have you read it?

(Y/N): No, I don't understand the characters... Yamato got closer to him, staring at him. The child began to blush beneath her mask, but she wouldn't see it.

Yamato: It means that you have tried... I will trust you, but don't tell anyone about it. If someone learns about this book, you will die if he finds you. She said to the boy who swallowed because of the Yamato's declaration.

(Y/N): But it's the book of Kozuki Oden, you could lose your life too...

Yamato: I might get some difficulties, but dad won't kill me! I think... Anyway, now give me my mask, I'm going to go back home! She asked, demanding her property. (Y/N) put his hands on the mask to remove it before realizing something. He stopped, moving back before shaking his head with the lack of understanding of Yamato.