Chapter 36: Uta, The Singer

Carrot's presence on the ship surprised everyone, no one had expected to see her on board. They thought Carrot stayed on Zou, but she hadn't dared to see them leave. She had escaped to sneak onto the ship she visited to find out the secrets of (Y/N)'s ship.

Pedro wanted to take her back to Zou, but unfortunately, the crew were far from the elephant, they were already on their way to Elegia and (Y/N) couldn't change direction so they had to keep Carrot on the ship. The crew reassured the Mink of Carrot's situation, they were going to protect her from their enemies so she could travel with them for the time being.

Kikunojo was amused by the situation, remembering how Dogstorm and Cat Viper had escaped from Zou to travel with Roger. After a party to celebrate Pedro's arrival on the crew, (Y/N) and Law went to a room where Sumer was confined, one of the Guardians of Uruk whom they had captured after their fight with the CP0. However, they were all surprised when they found the room empty, the man had disappeared.

(Y/N): What have you done?

Carrot: I felt sorry for him so I freed him. The group learnt that Carrot had freed the man when she arrived on the boat.

Law: Do you realise that you've let our enemy go?

Carrot: I went all over the ship and found him, and then he asked me to free him. I took pity on him so I let him go... I'm sorry...

Law: There's no point in apologising, we've lost an important source of information because of you!

Carrot: I'm... I'M SORRY! She began to cry as Kikunojo arrived with an angry expression that frightened the group. Kiku hugged Carrot to reassure her.

Kikunojo: You don't need to be so strict with Carrot, she didn't know who he was so stop blaming her.

Carrot: Kikunojo... They are mean...

Kikunojo: I know, they're horrible. Don't worry, you don't need to cry because I'm here. I swear, if you make Carrot cry again, I'm going to be a monster. A bead of sweat dropped from the boys' foreheads as they were frightened by Kiku's threat and (Y/N) approached Carrot to apologise.

(Y/N): Well, we'll probably meet him in Elegia. If he's still an enemy, we'll beat him again, so you don't need to cry.

Carrot: ...

(Y/N): Do you want to be part of my crew? His proposal shocked Carrot, who stopped crying to show an expression of joy.

Carrot: What? I really can join your crew!

(Y/N): No. His answer surprised the group, who didn't understand (Y/N)'s decisions.

Kikunojo: What does that mean? You can't just ask someone to join your crew and then refuse!

(Y/N): I know, but I didn't specify the conditions for joining the team. If you want to join my crew, you'll have to prove your strength. I'll only accept you if you're strong.

Carrot: Fine, I'll show you that I can fight! She said as she wanted to fight him.

(Y/N): No, you'll prove the strength of the Mink during the battle of Elegia, we'll see if you're capable of fighting.

Then (Y/N) continued his training with Sabo throughout the day, to be ready for the concert in three days. He knew that the enemies would attack that day, so he had to become stronger than the Cipher Pol in the next few days.

The following morning at dawn, the first rays of sunlight appeared on the horizon, and the crew was woken by Carrot alerting everyone to the fact that there was an island in sight. A smile appeared on (Y/N)'s face as this island was nothing other than Elegia, so their journey was quicker than he thought.