"Oh titan, please don't tell me she traded her life for mine, or something like that." I say.

"She didn't trade her life for yours, there is no need to worry about that." He says.

"Well what did she do? It better not have been something stupid." I say.

"It's nothing 'stupid', in fact, it's none of your business." He says.

"Wow." I say.

"She's fine though, I'm taking you to her." He says.

"You better be, she's my girl." I fold my arms.

"Yeah I can tell." He scoffs.

"Oh how so?" I smirk.

"Because she didn't care about the consequences of strangling a coven official all for the sake of her friend. " He sighs.

"That's my girl, I raised her well." I say proudly.

"Pfft." He scoffs.

Your POV:

Ever since you told him to break her out, you've been pacing around the house waiting for the phone call. It was all stressing you out, what if he was lying?

"Damn it, how can I trust him, I'll just do it myse-"

Your phone buzzes. It's Viney.

You pick up the phone so fast, as if it was a reflex.

"VINES!" You yell into the phone.

"Girl, we are having such a big talk when I see you again. We're at the library, hurry up and get me, he gives me the creeps!" She says through the phone.

"I can hear you!" You hear the golden guard say through the phone as well.

"Seriously, though, hurry before he changes his mind, I think he's already super annoyed with me heh." Viney laughs.

"I'm on my way." You say and hang up.

"Boo, let's go." You say and look at your bear palisman.

Boo curls up into your hand and pops into his staff formation.

Immediately you zoom off into the distance.

You make it to the library and that's where you see Viney.

"Vines!" You say, and run up to her and hug her.

"Y/n!" Viney grins and hugs you back tightly as well.

"Are you safe? What deal did you make with that dude? I seriously hope you aren't being reckless right now? You didn't trade your life for me did you?" Viney says clutching your shoulders.

"I'm perfectly fine. Let's go home." You say and grab her arm about to walk home.

"AHEM." The golden guard coughs.

You look over at him

"You said we'd discuss our compromise?" He crossed his arms.

You sigh and let go of Viney. "Give me a minute."

Viney nods and folds her arms, watching you walk over to him.

You walk up to him and fold your arms and look at him. He taps his foot impatiently, waiting to hear your input.

"I'm heading to the St. Epiderm ruins next week." You say to him.

"Okay?" He says.

"Maybe if you tag along, I can teach you how to use ice magic." You raise an eyebrow.