Chapter 39: Descent into Darkness

Start from the beginning

The Namikaze family would fall apart, and if anything happened to either Itachi or Mikoto...he would crumble. His heart was already filled with regret and guilt, only if he had not sent Naruto into Blacklight his son would be alive today, he could not handle the loss of another person of his family.

And if Minato fell, then Konoha and entire Fire Country would soon follow...

"When a big tree falls, the earth shakes"

He still remembered these words, it were said by Tobirama Senju when the Second Ninja War had started just after Hashirama died.

In order to prevent any further losses, he had to contain the situation. And the only one who could help him was Itachi...

"How did he die?" asked Itachi remorsefully, as Minato took a deep breath.

"I'll have to be careful with my words..." thought Minato carefully,

"It's classified. But know this, your brother died saving his comrades...he died as a hero," said Minato comfortingly, as Itachi gave him a disgusted look.

"There is no glory in death, father. The fact that you are hiding the information about his death only shows that Naruto was a Blackops soldier.." said Itachi smartly, as Minato's eyes widened in shock.

"How do you-"

"Before he left Naruto told me something, it was as if he knew that he would die in the war. Kaa-san stopped talking with you, she would not react in such a manner unless you sent her son in a very dangerous place. And most of all, Naruto never replied to any of my letters...either my brother didn't care about me, or he was forbidden from any type of communications. I think it's the former...all of these circumstances prove that he was either in the Anbu or something much more dangerous. I want the truth, Tou-san" said Itachi darkly, as his sharingan spinned wildly,

"Shit.." thought Minato in shock,

Before he could say something, Itachi had already made his move and after a few seconds a furious look appeared in his eyes.

"So, it was your old teammate...Kushina Uzumaki," said Itachi seriously, as Minato tried his best to hide his shock.

"It's not what you are thinking...listen to me-" said Minato hurriedly, but he was cut off as Itachi turned around and started walking away.

"Where do you think you're going?" shouted Minato angrily, he just had enough of this nonsense as the father in him was overwhelmed by the Hokage.

Itachi slowly turned around and saw the look in his father's eyes, he didn't hate Minato for what he was trying to do. But at the same time, he could not let his brother's murderer roam freely.

"Tou-san...I know everything," said Itachi silently, as Minato clenched his fists tightly.

He had underestimated Itachi for a simple 13 year old boy, however Itachi was so much like Minato. He was always one step ahead of his opponent, and he could predict an enemy's move before the person could even execute them...he had did the same thing to Minato right now.

It was as if Minato was fighting a younger and more deadlier version of himself.

"Itachi, you must understand revenge is not the path Naruto would want you to undertake" explained Minato patiently,