Chapter Nine

Hiding in the dark. Very slowly, Catboy crawled his way towards the Delta Diamond trying to not get detected. He only managed to get so far until An Yu's staff starts acting up.

"What is it my friend? He's here? Lead me to him!"

"Shoot." Catboy said as he started to panic.

He couldn't risk to be seen by An Yu or Owlette. Catboy quickly ran off as quiet as he can, just barely being avoided by An Yu.

"Owl Eyes."

As soon as Catboy heard that, he had to escape. But, he couldn't escape from the roof hatch or else it would be too obvious, he needed to find a different exit. Catboy ran through the museum trying to be really quiet, which means he couldn't use his cat speed.

An Yu and Owlette were following her staff and her staff was following Catboy, Catboy couldn't escape when An Yu had her staff, to add insult to injury for Catboy, Owlette's owl eyes could easily see him.

"There he is! Owl feathers!" Owlette surrounds Catboy in a circle of her feathers.

Romeo started to flip out.

"No! Kitty cat! Attack!"

"Super cat jump!" As Catboy jumped out of the circle of feathers.

"Owlette, An Yu. Bring it on."

Owlette blew Catboy back with her owl wing wind and latched on a secure display set with his stripes. Catboy decided to reveal his new found power to them both. Catboy's claws launched out of his hands and started to lung at the duo trying to hold them down with the claws, Catboy never intended to hurt them, he just wanted to make sure they wont be a problem anymore. That was when Catboy noticed his claws were detachable and can grow back every time they are removed.

"Cat claws?" Owlette said.

"Where did he get such a dangerous power?" An Yu was just as shocked as Owlette was.

Catboy was trying to stab Owlette's cape down on the ground with his claws so she stays in one place long enough for him to take that diamond. And, he was trying to tie An Yu up with stripes so she and Owlette and be complete sitting ducks while Catboy steals the Delta Diamond.

"Woah! Catboy! Stop! You're trying to hurt us with those things aren't you!" Owlette's eyes almost watered.

"Owlette! Watch out for his claws-" An Yu was pounced by Catboy and she was held to the ground.

Catboy looked like he as about to hurt her, with his claws and stripes out. An Yu looked into his eyes, he looked like he was completely out of control and controlled by Romeo at the same time.

"Owl wing wind!" Catboy looked at her before getting blow away.

Owlette helped An Yu up. Just then, Owlette noticed a sleeping-beauty Gekko lying behind some displays and notified An Yu. An Yu decided to stay and help Gekko while Owlette ran after Catboy.

Catboy ran back to the Delta Diamond and tried to open the glass cage it's in. Just then, Owlette came in. Catboy and Owlette both eyed each other down and there was silence before Romeo shocked Catboy and demanded him to resume getting the diamond, Owlette gasped in shock when she saw Catboy getting electrocuted.

Catboy fell to the ground in pain from his neck, Owlette tried to help Catboy up but Romeo shocked Catboy again, leaving him no choice but to attack Owlette. Catboy pushed Owlette on the ground and stabbed her cape with his claw. Catboy was done playing games and destroyed the glass cage holding the Delta Diamond and took it while running off. Leaving Owlette upset.

"Catboy! Where do you think you're going!"

There was a brief silence until Catboy said:

"To Romeo. Goodbye Owlette."

Romeo took note of Catboy's successful robbery at the museum and took him into the flying factory with his sucky-sucker, leaving Owlette in shock.

"Finally! The Delta Diamond! This time that pesky lizard legs couldn't stop you. I must say, I prefer Catboy with a collar on much more than Night Panther! Muahahahahah!!"

"I appreciate it, master."

"And your new power that goody crystal gave you, well it's just going to give me even more villainous ideas."

Catboy was starting to think if getting the cat claws was a mistake, but it couldn't have been, he needed them to get the diamond Romeo was always talking about through his communicator, and to get the PJ Masks out of the way to make that possible. But, it will just cause a bigger strand on the PJ Masks, he didn't think if they can free him from Romeo's command, even if they knew the truth.