Chapter 78 The cat's eye stone that brings protection

"High Priest Yves, why are you here?"

Bess, who came out for some air at night, was shocked to see a kind old man emerging from the deserted courtyard. As soon as the words came out of his mouth, he remembered that he was half human now, and he raised his hands to cover his ears in panic.

"Don't cover it, don't cover it..." The old priest waved his hands with a smile, and walked slowly with his staff, "I already know about the Book of the Dead."

"Like This……"

Bess put down his hand in embarrassment, jumped down from a slightly lower rockery, and straightened the soft fabric that was crumpled by him.

The old priest Yves was a relative or elder of Jofar. When facing the old priest, Bess felt as nervous as meeting his parents, for fear of leaving a bad impression on him.

Moreover, thanks to the old priest, Bess never had time to thank him for what happened last time. When he had time, Jofar's expedition made Bess listless every day, and he forgot about the things.

"High Priest Yves, thank you for Ashur's eye last time. If it weren't for you, Yuefa, Keke, Wang and I might not be able to get out."

He was so used to being called Jofar that he was so inattentive that he almost called Jofar by his name in front of the high priest.

You must know that in Egypt, only the parents of the pharaoh are allowed to call the name of the pharaoh so boldly and intimately, not even the queen.

Bess saw the old priest laughing and coughed guiltily, afraid of revealing anything.

The high priest... probably doesn't agree that the Pharaoh likes men even more.

If he knew about it, he wouldn't send me to the crematorium.

The tail on the back of her butt was wagging, and Bess was like a primary school student in training, standing in front of the "homeroom teacher" in an orderly manner, grinning in a flattering manner, revealing two sharp cat teeth.

"Hahaha, you kid, don't be so afraid of me, I'm the most talkative old man in Egypt."

Amused by his nervous appearance, the old priest simply put the staff on the stone table, found a stone bench, and bent over to sit down.

He waved at the stiff Beth, "Don't look, you sit too, I've lived so long and I haven't seen a cat god turn into a human yet."

"Huh? Oh oh."

Bess obeyed obediently, sitting next to him with his hands tied, sweat dripping from his brow, and his hands picking at each other's fingers.

When Bess sat down, the old priest Yves said softly, "Actually, I didn't help you with Ashur's eyes last time."

Bess was stunned and turned to look at Mr. Yves.

Old Priest Yves: "Although I don't know what happened to you in the dream, but when I sneaked into the dream, you were about to come out."

"But we didn't do anything in the dream, and I was almost caught by a monster!"

Bess still has lingering fears when he thinks of the four-faced monster he saw in his dream, and the hairs on his ears are blown up.

"Haha, that is indeed scary." Old Priest Yves looked at Bess's cat ears in a funny voice and said warmly: "But you are out, aren't you?"

Beth pursed her lips and nodded.

The old man continued: "The dream is Jofar's dream. He... I can probably understand where you are trapped."

The still clear eyes beneath the drooping eyelids of old age reveal a certain soothing tenderness.