Epilogue

Finally, the end is here, this is the last chapter to this book, the final end, the final farewell. All I can say right now as my throat constricts? Until we meet again.

Love you Xandros and Ava.
I love you loads.
x.

------------------

AFTER THIRTEEN YEARS

AVA

It was a bright Sunday morning with the birds chirping around and the city as busy as ever. I was making cookies for the kids when Octavius came running to me, "Mama mama mama."

"Yes, baby?"

"Can dad and I go out for fishing?"

I chuckled and nodded, "Sure. But don't be late and tell your dad to not have takeout. It doesn't suit you."

"Okiiii." and I bent low to allow him to kiss my cheek when he rushed away, closing the kitchen door behind. My heart sank low and I was still processing my life now when the door opened and Kendric came in. He kissed my cheek and squeezed my waist, "I'm taking the kids to fishing as Octavius is throwing a tantrum. We'll be back by six."

I nodded, "Don't let Octavy have takeout, it-"

"-it doesn't suit him. I know, baby." He smiled and kissed my cheek before he, along with the kids, left the house.

As soon as the car drove away, I left the ingredients on the kitchen counter, slid down to the floor and let myself feel the absence of my late-husband again. I pressed the heel of my palm against my eyes, riding myself of every emotion that still pained me and still haunted me. If he would have been alive? This would have been us. The man who just kissed my cheek could have been Xandros and I would have turned my head to press my lips against this but Kendric? Sure, I liked him, but I didn't love him.

I loved Xandros, not Kendric.

I met him two years ago as we were business partners. Ayla was eight at that time and Kendric was a sweetheart with her. He wanted to marry me and start a family with me when I had rejected his proposal. Starting a family? With someone else beside Xandros?

Sure, it had been eight years but you never forget your first love or the pain etched in your heart for when they leave you, and so, marrying or getting pregnant with someone else was a huge no for me. It was too much.

The day he had proposed to me and I had rejected it was the day I had a massive panic attack. Ayla was there for me as she calmed me down but I couldn't recover till this date.

Owen fell in love and had married a beautiful girl, called, Ariadne, and she had also helped me cope up with the depressive phases that I got as I remembered Xandros.

Kendric proposed, I rejected, he never became rude with me or cut off any ties. He still supported me, stayed by my side and helped me go through this tough phase.

Two years down the line, he again proposed and I accepted. Octavius and Amelia, our fraternal twins, were born after a year and two months of our marriage.

I felt bile build up my throat when we tried having a baby because I would start crying and never be able to get Xandros out of my head. It was one hell of a ride and a bad one.

Sobs retched through my body as I cursed Xandros again and again for leaving me. Thirteen years.......... thirteen years and I still missed him.

The door opened when Ayla came through. Not having the energy to pretend, I remained in that same position. She softly closed the door behind, came and sat next to me on the floor which made me cry more.

Ayla? A replica version of Xandros. One look at her and you would confuse her with Xandros, the father and the daughter looked so alike. And her with her consoling? Just like Xandros used to do. She had never met her father but the way she would cry, laugh, giggle, wiggle her eyebrows at me, be there for the other person, have interests and all........ they all matched Xandros.

I was wallowing over our loss, even after thirteen years when Ayla wrapped her arms around me and sighed, "I have seen boys just ruining a girl's heart, using them for their own advantage and what not.......... but never did I see a man love his girl so much that she still cries missing him."

My chin wobbled and I started crying harsher when she pulled me closer, "Baba wouldn't have wanted this."

"But you never even met him."

"His love still resonates around us which shows how he was."

I looked at her when she removed the tears from my eyes. We both were staring at each other when I whispered, "You would have loved your father."

"I know."

"He was an amazing person."

She chuckled, "I have the idea."

"He-he....... he would have loved you so much."

*

And yes, we all managed to complete Xandro's dream of building three hospitals, each after one of his family member's name when we were working over the fourth one, in the name of Xandros.

*

Thirteen years, and I still missed Xandros Davidson Elias. I never took the wedding ring off as I just couldn't. I was ready to divorce Kendric if he ever even asked me to take it off because I couldn't.

Thirteen years, and I still craved for Xandros, despite having a husband and three kids now, one from the love of my life and two from my second marriage. I never wanted to marry but Ayla needed a fatherly figure and since Kendric was caring and loving, I gave it a chance.

Thirteen years, and I still wake up daily with the thought of my late-husband in my mind. I do my work daily thinking only about the times I spent with my late-husband. The walks, the drives, the dances in the rain, the sleeping next to him and him pulling me closer. I still reminisced in just those memories and survived my life, hoping that day came closer when I could finally meet him.

I would gladly leave everything behind just to fall into his arms and never let go.

Till this day, I never let go of him.

Thirteen years........ and I still miss you, Xandros :)

Maybe next time? I'll definitely hop on the train with you as you go.

There is none like you, my love.

Until death do us part. Until next time.

Meet you at the other end, handsome.

The only one whose darling I ever became :)

Love,
your wife.

----------------------THE END—————————

✌🏻