Chapter 31

Everything was going so well in the book, I was like.....mehh. Why so well? So, enjoy. :)

XANDROS

We went to Ava's home at around two in the evening when as soon as the door opened, Owen crashed into her arms, "HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY, AGGGGGG!!!! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!"

She chuckled and picked him up, twirling him around when she kissed his head three times, "I love you too, bub. I love you so much."

Owen then came and hugged me when he indicated for me to come closer. Ava went to meet her mum when I bent low and Owen whispered, "After seeing AG's reaction yesterday, I thought not to tell mum about the leg massage shop-" I slapped a hand over his mouth as my eyes widened when I pulled him closer, and grabbing the scruff of his collar shirt, I lifted the minion in the air and quickly dashed inside the guest room, shutting the door behind.

My eyes turned into slits as I glared at him and whispered, even tho the door was closed, but still, I had paranoia issues, "You utter a word of that to your mum, and I am dead for you." His eyes widened and he tried to say something when I shook my head, "No, shut up, listen. Learn to keep some things as secrets between brothers and this is your secret and mine. It goes to your grave and mine. Men keep secrets, Owen. And as far as I remember, you are a man."

Determination flashed across his eyes when he nodded, removed my hand and whispered, "Done. Consider the deal sealed."

He laid out his hand to shake and I shook it when I warned him again through my eyes. One word of the sex shop to his mum and Ava and I are eloping because she hell wouldn't agree to let her marry me.

We exited the guest room and went to meet Ms. Johnsonn when she hugged me and then pinched my back when she muttered, "I need to have a talk with you."

I again wanted to say, 'Uh....no.' but this was the mother we were talking about, not the girlfriend. I nodded and together we went towards the living room where Ava's cake awaited. Presents were lined side by side when I had forgotten mine in the car. Quickly running and getting it, I placed it next to the gifts when she smiled, "You didn't have to get me one."

"And you didn't have to present your opinion. Cut the cake, sweetheart, Owen's starving."

And Owen gulped looking at the cake and nodded, everyone chuckling for how excited he was to eat the cake. Together we cut the cake, she fed it to all of us and filled everyone's plates when we sat together. Ava sat next to me when I kissed the side of her head, "Happy birthday, love."

"Hehehehe, thank you."

We spent the time eating a bit of cake, then some pizza which Ms. Johnsonn had ordered with a glass of Coke. I was done with my food since I usually ate less because I had lost my appetite since the whole family drama happened, and so, I wasn't used to having a lot of food. Ms. Johnsonn got up and indicated for me to follow her when I placed the plate on the table and squeezed Ava's knee, "I'll be back in a minute, darling."

"Where are you going?"

"To clean the gutters. Wait for me." She chuckled and turned her attention back to Owen who was telling her about her dream. I followed Ms. Johnsonn to her office when she was already inside. I had just closed the door when her sharp voice cut to me, "I may have liked you, but I certainly haven't approved of you to have a baby with my daughter right now."

My heart stopped beating seeing where the conversation was going and how sharp her voice sounded like. There was no softness there anymore and plain anger. Plain. Rigid. Anger. What did I do to start seeing this side of her this early?