Chapter 13

I told everyone on my insta that this book will be fast paced, both plot-wise and update-wise, because I want to publish it on Amazon. So? I would have to finish my work here first, and not leave you guys hanging. So, there will be two updates in one week. "Sunday" would be one day, and the second one would either be a, "Wednesday" or "Thursday". Point being? Two updates. Hope you enjoy!

But where I feel that the book might need a break from double updates because of some heavy chapter? I'll put it into action.

AVA

Xandros was coming to my home today to do group study together. Mum was back at office, Owie was with his friends for the day and I just felt that it was right to invite Xandros at the moment with the house all empty and no one to wiggle their eyebrows at me. Yes, Owie was a carbon copy of mum and hence? Both had the same attitude. I closed the door behind when I ushered him in.

He seemed a bit off when I raised my brows, "You good?"

His voice came out lower and gruffer than usual, "Yeah. Just am not used to visiting other's places usually. Had to come that day only to get my underwear, nothing else."

I chuckled and sat at the dining table when he followed suit, "You aren't much into socializing, right?"

He nodded, "Correct. I find them as a headache. I'd rather stay home, maybe binge watch Netflix and then sleep."

"A bit boring routine, no?"

I was sitting with my arms on the table when he himself placed his arms on the table and leaned in close, our noses mere inches apart when he whispered, his close proximity and my skirt nearly up to the middle of my hips driving me crazy, "What else should I do then, darling?"

"Parties. Shopping. Pubs."

"Not my type, sweetheart."

I swear, I always swooned at his sweet words that he called me with.

"What if in the future, your better half wants that? With you?" It was a very risky question but I was ready to ask. His eyes shifted to my lips and lingered there for a bit when I squirmed in my seat. He looked back at me, the corners of his lips tugging up in a glintful smirk when he leaned back, resting one of his hands on the table and looked at me, with that signature hot look of his, "Maybe I'll do it only and only for my girl."

My eyes lit up, "Really?"

He nodded, "One hundred damn percent."

"What if she-"

"AGGGGGGGGG!!!!!"

My fucking eyes widened when I heard Owie's voice. What the hell was he doing here? He wasn't supposed to be here till another....... I quickly saw my watch and calculated the time- six hours. He wasn't supposed to be here till then.

Xandros was taking a swig from his bottle of water when I snatched it out of his hands, his eyes suddenly wide from the water that fell a bit. I laid my hand on his shoulder and quickly pushed him off the seat and under the table. His knees hit hard and I winced when he choked and started coughing when I coughed in return to cover it up.

His head was still visible when I literally smacked it inside. Taking his bag, I threw it against him when a smack indicated that it had hit his face. Good. He deserved it for all the 'your welcomes' he said to all the no thank you's that I ever gave.

Owen came and stood against the door when I asked him, my voice coming out very thin and squeaky, "Owie? What are you doing here so early?"

He dramatically sighed and started coming closer when I shouted, "OWIE, NO!"