Chapter 37 part i

THREE YEARS LATER

AVA

Xandros and I had graduated university with a 3.9 CGPA, graduating with Dean's Honors, Xandros scoring a worldwide distinction in Accounting and Finance. He was now acting as the managing finance director and auditor to the the biggest company in the US, 'Romanno Enterprises.' He was directly affiliated with the boss there who was considered to be one hell of a rude guy, but since his company was the most successful and bound to be the most promising? Xandros was determined to work there.

I had worked exceptionally hard after getting a degree and was now the head auditor of the next big group, "Eden Enterprises." I wanted to do a job where Xandros was doing but the tight environment was something that I did not find sitting well with me. I also wanted to work in a light environment, a bit of less judgemental and a bit of fun. Xandros himself was a moody as fuck human, so? He suited well there with his boss who also stared at you as if you were telling a joke to a rock.

Ashton Alessandro Romanno did NOT like jokes, I just realized it later when the damage was done.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled seeing who I was now.

I was marrying Xandros today.

He had proposed to me three months ago, right on our graduation and I was more than happy to accept it. We both had cried happy tears, he had kissed me in front of Owen who was stupidly pretending to hold his neck, choke and fall unconscious when we all ignored him. I still remember him whispering to me, "It's always been you, darling. Since the day I was born,-" and then I remember him pulling me closer till he placed his lips over mine, "it's been you, my beautiful to-be-bride."

I ACCIDENTALLY giggled when at that same time, Owen entered the room and gave me a weird smile, "You know? I can totally understand how psycho patients work, but normal people would actually find you as a hard case."

I laughed and threw my flowers at him, "Shut up, Owen."

He chuckled, caught the flowers and came closer to me when he set them aside. He stood in front of me when I analyzed him. A nine year old boy, black hair, hazel eyes, a cute round nose, small lips, cute little ears and still a small height for a nine-year-old. And his height was one thing which made me fall in love with him. He always appeared to be smaller than he was. Cute.

I sighed when he also sighed and shrugged his shoulders, "So, this is it, huh?"

I felt tears pool in my eyes when I nodded, "Yeah."

We were silent for a few minutes when he asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah."

And we both knew that we both were lying. He held my hands before changing his mind and just hugged me. I broke down but made sure that I didn't cry much or my makeup would have gotten worse. I sat down and pulled him on my lap when I consoled him down as he cried. I placed the tissue underneath my eye to prevent the tears from rolling down when he whispered, "I love you, AG. I love you so very much."

"Honey, I love you too. I love you the most."

He backed away a bit and wiped his eyes when he looked at me, "You look beautiful, you know?"

I cupped his cheek and smiled, "Thank you Owen, that means a lot to me."

He was silent for a few seconds and I knew that he wanted to say something when I asked, "What is it, Owie?"

"I wrote a letter."

"To?"

"Toby. Tobias Davidson."

Something buzzed in my heart and I didn't know where this was going but I ushered him to continue when he did, "I hid it under the soil of his grave. I told him that I have his brother's back forever now, and that he has someone to take care of him. He has a whole family now." Tears pooled in my eyes when Owen grasped my hands, "No matter what AG, you will always come first for me. If anyone hurts you? I promise I will kill them. But-but-but.........."

"But?"

"I also love Xos, you know? I really love him and I know you will take care of him, but AG.........." he then hugged me, "just take care of him for me."

My heart was screaming when I looked at the sky and wished that I could stop crying, that I could hold the tears at bay and just go through with this. It was already a hard moment and I did not want to make it any more worse than it was.

We talked light talk for a few more minutes, when it was time for the ceremony. Owen hugged me and gave me a gift before he ran away to go and meet Xandros before he could come back to me to walk me down the aisle and give me away. After he left, I slowly opened the box and saw the ring that my mama had given to Owen. It was another one of family heirlooms she wanted her son to have. Owen had to give it to the one female who meant the entire world to him and he decided to gift that to me.

I smiled as I slid the ring onto my finger and smiled as I looked at myself. White dress, veil, flowers and a small crown as Xandros had wanted that.

All set.

With of course, many missings but nothing is perfect in this imperfect world.

XANDROS

I was shitting myself and I was certain that that I must have peed in my pants at least a hundred times. Owen rushed inside, breathing heavily when I swivelled around, "Please don't tell me your sister is dead."

He lazily waved at me, "She's a stubborn case."

I sighed, "Well, thank fuck for that."

"She's awake and beeyoteefulllll."

I chuckled and turned back to setting up cufflinks, "Obviously she is. She is perfection."He came closer to me, "You okay?"

I met my reflection in the mirror, nodded and whispered a fat fucking lie because I just didn't want to talk about it right now, "Yeah, I'm fine. I've always been."

"When shall I inform the men to start the ceremony? For the priest to come?"

I looked at my watch and saw that it was about to be oh-sixteen hundred when I looked at Owen, smiled and nodded, "Now, young man. I'll marry your sister right now."

-----------------------------

No, the next chapter isn't the wedding. The main star of the next chapter is Owen himself and if you missed OWIEEEEE, you finna love the next chapter since it's hilarious. You'll enjoy reading it because I enjoyed writing it.

So.....on a scale of 1-10, rate Xandros.

On a scale of 1-10, rate Ava.

On a scale of 1-10, rate Owen.

On a scale of 1-10, rate yourself. (Make is infinity.)

Also..................... DID YOU EXPECT ASHTON'S NAME TO BE MENTIONED HERE? I MEAN.....WOW, EH? THAT BAD BOY BE EVERYWHERE, hehehhee.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed. Peace!

A.ZChaudhry

My insta: anachaudhry

Insta: authora,zchaudhry