Chapter 39

XANDROS

She was shy.

She was standing in front of me, her little frame all red in the face and quivering from being shy. What she didn't notice was how the front of her hair were all over the place due to the little banter she had with Owen. I was holding the hands of the woman who was about to become my wife, the woman who I'll share a bed with for ever. The woman who will shift in my house for ever, live with me, stay by my side and be my Mrs. For. Fucking. Ever.

The woman I'll come home daily to, the one who will run into my open arms and allow me to spin her around letting her giggles fill the air. The one who will wear my t-shirt and dance in the kitchen while she makes cupcakes or brownies for me. The woman who will kiss me daily, wrap her arms around me daily, let me make love her and who will carry my babies.

The woman who will make my home, a home. I was about to marry her and give her my name. My Ava.

The priest was already speaking but I wasn't listening to anything. I was just looking at the cute mess standing in front of me, capturing my world entirely in her eyes. Her gaze held a sea of emotions, enough to make me drown helplessly within them. I reached forward and tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear which made her cheeks go beetroot red of a colour. Cute.

Her shy eyes darted back and forth when they rested on mine. Taking this as opportunity, I mouthed, "I am hopelessly, madly and terribly in love with you." If saying I had seen a ripe fresh tomato was something, Ava, at that point was something completely higher than that. Much redder.

The priest turned to me, "Want me to say the vows, or you have your own?"

"I have my own."

He nodded and stood a bit far as I spoke, my voice clearly ringing through the whole room as everyone was dead silent. Everyone was looking at me, waiting for me to speak, waiting for me to open up my heart and tell my tale of the romantic abyss of love that has kept the both of us wrapped up around each other when I started, "Darling, look at me."

I knew her this much to know that butterflies must have pulled the strings of her heart-

AVA

Butterflies pulled the strings of my heart like anything, when he called me darling.

XANDROS

-when I called her darling.

Ava looked at me, another tint of pink appearing over her already rosy cheeks when a heart-warming smile appeared over her lips, immediately calming me down. I squeezed her hands and started, "I love you, Ava. There could have been many many heroic ways to start my vows like my boss did at his wedding where he started off by saying that everybody in the damn world knew that he wouldn't ever marry someone or find himself in this position." I glanced back at boss when his wife was hell bent on laughing and boss just had a small smile on his face, a million emotions speaking for itself.

I discreetly saw him putting his arm around his wife as he pulled her in closer, as Mrs.Romanno shimmied more in the embrace of her husband, a calm sigh escaping her as I envisioned Ava and I doing this every single day.

I turned back to Ava, "He has seven kids now, just to let you know." There were gasped chuckles around the room when I focused back on my to-be-wife, "Anyways, there were many ways I could have started my vows but trust me, I couldn't think of any when I just wanted to say this over and over again, that I love you.

From our first time locking eyes in-" I looked at the crowd and deliberately spoke high, "Annoying Business Class Of Foolishness And-"

Ava smacked my head, "Don't disrespect the teachers!"

There was laughter in the crowd when I nodded, "Yeah. I fell in love with this piece of shit, and our love story started from this exact same fucking line. I got a scolding, she enjoyed. I fell in love, she found scolding me fun." There was a giggle towards my back when I turned around and Ma'am Sophia gave me a thumbs up and spoke, her hand beautifully intertwined with her husband's, "Ashton and I had a similar wedding. Full of crappy insults which made our day as it was, even better. Extremely perfect. An intricate sign of love. And to be honest? I'd rather have it that way."

My heart beat slowed down and I looked at the ground, processing her words. They kept whirring inside my head when I nodded and slowly turned back to my bride, "She is right. These little crappy insults, me taunting you every now and then, you-"

Ava interrupted, "You never replacing the toilet roll-"

I scoffed, "Oh please, I cleaned your vomit when you ate those burgers-"

She GASPED, "Youuuu made me eat that-"

"Because youuuu graduated!"

"I passed the test, you dimwit, I didn't graduate."

I pointed my finger at her, "God doesn't allow a woman to disrespect her husband after marriage-"

She ANNOYINGLY waved her empty hand in front of me, "God blessed you with eyes to see that CLEARLY, you aren't mine right now. AHA!!!!"

"Oh oh ohhh, so this is what it is about? Really nowwww, Ava?"

"Or what else-"

The priest cleared his throat, "Guys. The vows."

I huffed, "I love you bla bla bla and I am done with my speech."

Ava scoffed, "Like hell you are! I am not saying 'I do.' till I hear a proper speech." She had her stupid cute nose high up in the air which did nothing but tug at the lovestrings of my heart.

I was about to reply when my sharp hearing caught my boss saying to his wife, "She is about to be another you. A fucking pain in the fucking ass for a very fucking long time."

Mrs. Romanno replied, "Ashton-" I turned around and pointed at him, "I know right?"

Ava smacked my arm, "Eyes here, Mr. Davidson."

"Do you see Mr. Romanno in a bride's dress, you impeccable sorry of an excuse?"

My boss growled in annoyance, "Davidson."

"Sorry boss."

I sighed when there was silence everywhere. I was looking at Ava and Ava was looking at me when suddenly Owen giggled, "Ooo, this is fun."

Ava glared at him when I winked at him as Owen rushed on the stage and took the mic from the priest, "AG fell in the gutters once."

Anddddddddd what followed next was mass chaos.

Lmao.

--------------------------------------------------

I hope you loved this chapter. Tell me what you loved the most about this.

And unfortunately, this was just how much Ashton and Sophia would make an appearance. Oopsies.

Peace.

A.ZChaudhry

My insta: anachaudhry123

Insta: authora.zchaudhry