Chapter 17

AVA

We wiped our tears away when he chuckled, "That's all about it."

"What about your picture? Why isn't it up there?"

He was silent for a few seconds, rubbing the back of his neck when I widened my eyes and snapped my fingers, "You are adopted! I knew it!!!"

He swivelled his head so fastly that I feared a bone would have broken when he scoffed, "No dammit. I remember my mother complaining how she nearly divorced dad in the labor room because I wasn't coming out. I am hundred percent their child, their blood, their family. I just........."

I laid a hand on his shoulder, "You just?"

"I don't want my picture up there." Then he quickly said, "Can we drop this?"

I nodded, "Sure sure. Whenever you're comfortable."

There was silence when I looked at him, "Do we have to meet your parents right now?"

"What do you want to do then?"

I grabbed his hand and sat on the nearest sofa, "I want to hear some stories about your little Tobs before I meet him, so that I can hug him and tell him that I know this this and this about him and just gush at him as to how sweet and cute it was."

Xandros sighed and nodded when he got up, intertwined his hand in mine and took me upstairs. We entered his room when I looked around the room loving each and every interior of it. His room was a bit messy, clothes were thrown carelessly on the sofa, books were sprawled on the floor with some notebooks and pens. His study table was full of books and his bed was unmade. The walls were grey in colour with his bed black in colour when I turned to him, "You sure do love black, right?"

He closed the door and smiled, "Old blood gets black and leaves behind the unremovable stains of the worst memory you could ever possibly have."

I was silent as this was so deep. So so effing deep and so powerful when I chose not to answer. He turned the air conditioning on and started taking off his shirt when I gaped at him, "What are you-"

"Get in bed."

My spit caught in my throat when he looked at me, "Not sex, you gutter headed brain. I want to be comfortable when I tell his past stories."

Xandros took off his shirt and vest, throwing it carelessly on the sofa when he loosened his belt a bit and got in bed. Looking expectantly at me, I curled my lips inwards to hide the smile when also taking off my shirt, my black bra visible, I stole a glance at him to see his gaze there when I neatly placed my shirt on the back of his study chair to avoid creases. If we were to meet his parents today, I couldn't wear a shirt with creases as it would look extremely......... oh, but hehad an iron in the house. My bad.

I got into bed and laid next to him, our backs against the bedrest when he covered both of us with a blanket. I snuggled in next to him, our hot skins touching each others, strangely calming me down when he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me in close, narrating some of the cutest stories of his little brother.

XANDROS

I was sitting on my bed using my laptop when the door of my room creaked open a bit. I looked up to see Toby peeking in through when he whispered, "Oh hi. Can I come in?"

I checked my phone to see that it was three in the early morning when I nodded, "Yes, come in. And what happened? It's three in the early morning, Tobs."

He softly closed the door behind and ran towards me when I lifted the covers for the little one. He jumped inside and snuggled under them, laying by my side, our legs touching together when he giggled, "Hip to hip."