chapter forty

(regrets)

(regrets)

THERE WAS NO WAY AZ WOULD EVEN READ THE CONFIDENTIAL FILE WITHOUT LETTING HER COUSIN KNOW FIRST

THERE WAS NO WAY AZ WOULD EVEN READ THE CONFIDENTIAL FILE WITHOUT LETTING HER COUSIN KNOW FIRST. After a short scuffle with Sel debating back and forth, with the latter telling her it would only take up more time. But AZ fought and said Bree deserved to know more than anyone else. With that he eventually gave in and they found themselves back to the Lodge more quickly than before. She found herself on Sel's back as he leapt up to the second-floor trellis, then yanked on a ledge to propel them the rest of the way to his open window.

"You have five minutes." He simply said laying out the rest of the file. With that AZ nodded and scurried her way off the 2nd floor. Very discreetly this time.

Her cousin looked at her with a mixture of relief and confusion when she opened the door to Nicks room. It seemed she was up for a while now. "AZ...what." She only gets jazz hands and a nervous smile in return.

"Hey Cuz, you doing better?" Bree nods. "Much."

"Perfect...hey listen-" AZs explanation was cut off by her cousin.

"By the way, where were yo-" Bree looks perplexed when AZ grabs her hand over to the elevator. "Where are we-" She jerks her head back when her cousin peers at her quite seriously.

"Look Bree I would love to go on this whole tangent explanation." She pushes the button on the 3rd floor. "But Mr. Grumpy is waiting and we don't have much time to kill." Bree blinks and AZ grabs her shoulder giving her a warm smile.

"Let's just say we are one step from finding out the truth." With that Brees eyes went wide.

It convinced her because her cousin was right on her heels as they went to meet Sel in his room. AZ didn't bother to knock as they couldn't waste anymore time and Bree stared wide eyed, seemingly trying to process the growing partnership between the two. She sees Sel on the floor still looking at the file.

"Hello, Briana." He greeted without looking at her and she gave him an awkward wave back.

"Hey..." She drifts off when she sees AZ kneel across from him.