chapter thirty eight

(revelations)

(revelations)

EVEN AFTER HER OUTBURST WITH SEL, AZ COULDN'T FIND HERSELF GOING BACK TO HER DORM

EVEN AFTER HER OUTBURST WITH SEL, AZ COULDN'T FIND HERSELF GOING BACK TO HER DORM. So instead she was in one of the extra guest rooms of the Lodge. Just thinking to herself. Everything he had said always gained her so much confusion, frustration and simmering rage all into one. If it was like before. She would go through multiple lengths to piss him off and just like he said, laugh at his expense. She would rejoice in the way he was suffering his punishment and getting the karma she thought he deserved.

But no, instead she was wallowing. Wallowing! Over the very said boy who gave her whiplash everytime. She didn't know what to think.

She curls herself in the sheets, the pillow meeting her chin. What was she doing here? Really. Recounting all the things she learned with Bree and getting to know herself. Involving her rootcraft, her mothers past, her parents death, her Aunt Fayes secret surrounding her death. All in one everything was connected. AZ was expected to just roll in and hopefully get an inch of the truth. But now she found herself swirling in these different emotions she didn't expect and it was all triggered by some demon mage who had the temper tantrum that was equivalent to a newborn baby.

Ughhhhhh!

She twists her body so that her stomach meets the mattress of the bed. Then pushes her head further into the pillow, hopefully being able to go back to sleep. Bree was still not up yet, knocked out cold but was much much better than before. Thanks to Williams healing.

Eventually she was able to drift off. Until another loud jam echoed throughout the lodge causing her to jump in panic and slip off the bed. The sheets drag with her as she meets the rug on the floor.

AZ grips her hair frustration. "Can't even get a wink of sleep in this goddamn place holy shit." She complains. A moment later, there's another loud slam, this time overhead.

Sel was definitely making his presence known.

She didn't forget what Sar said; that when he was done, he came home and slammed doors, then shut himself in his room. AZ could picture him. Most likely drained from destroying half the forest, maybe still recovering from aether's effects. She looks at the clock on her phone. Nick was still gone and Bree probably wasn't waking up anytime soon.