chapter fifteen

(discovery of our lives)

DEEP DOWN AZ WAS KIND OF CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT DR HARTWOOD WAS ABOUT AS SHE TRUDGED HER WAY TO MEET BREE outside her class

DEEP DOWN AZ WAS KIND OF CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT DR HARTWOOD WAS ABOUT AS SHE TRUDGED HER WAY TO MEET BREE outside her class. Was this woman the key or at least a key to figuring out what happened with her Aunt? And the possibility of knowing her father and mother? It was a mystery that awaited to be unraveled and AZ felt she didn't have any more patience. Bree had texted that her professor dismissed her class a little earlier so they were able to meet halfway before going to the location. AZ gave her cousin an inquisitive look. Bree didn't notice it for a while until she felt the side of her heavy as if somebody was staring into her soul and AZ was doing exactly that.

"You good?" Bree asked, a little bewildered. AZ didn't realize she was staring until she jerked her head back. Clearing her throat she walked a little straighter.

"How do you think this is gonna go?" And Bree pursed her lips a bit.

"To be truthful no idea but." They passed by a group of laughing friends. "I'm curious about her."

"Judging by the texts she seems lively." Bree hummed in agreement.

"We take this one step further. And we can finally find out the truth." AZ says with hope in her voice. And Bree agreed greatly with her cousin.

The Arboretum is much bigger than they had realized. The herb garden sign says that it's home to more than hundred species and cultivars. "Mom would have loved this place." Bree comments and AZ nods.

"Oh for sure. I can imagine her hinting at every detail, scrutinizing every inch."

A black granite table sits in the middle of a quiet grotto, and underneath it leaks a steady stream of mage ame. It's thinner than the thick ribbons that had coiled around my arms in the shower and much, much lighter. Pale yellow instead of rich crimson. The table sits in the middle of a circle of dark brown and black soil and mulch. Underneath, bronze gurines reach their hands high to the thick granite tabletop as if holding its weight up in the air.