chapter thirteen

(what dreams are made of?)

GODDAMMIT. AZ CURSED TO HERSELF. IRRITATED THE MERLIN HAD MANAGED TO DO THAT EVERY TIME she was even an inch near him.  She clutched her hand and groaned. If only she could she would put a restraining order on his Kingsmage ass. But as this was a completely different scenario she couldn't even do that. She opened the door so loud, she didn't even know if Kayla was asleep or not. She got her answer when someone barreled through her right when she entered the door.

"Oof." AZ stumbled a bit at the impact.

Kayla looked at her with wide eyes, clearly worried. "Where have you been all night AZ?! I was worried! I was even thinking about calling campus security because I thought something happened to you!" AZ raised her hand up to calm Kayla down.

"Hey look I know! I'm sorry. I should have texted you to let you know I was okay." Kayla calmed down a bit but her chest was still heaving.

"Your damn right! You will! I don't want to have my roommates face plastered on the news if you go missing!" She says worriedly.

"Kayla..." AZ tries to calm her down and it works until her roommate sees her full outfit and boy was she dirtied up, her fight with Sel was noticed and the scar on her chin was still there, she forgot to ask William to heal it up for her. Damn.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Kayla squeaked. "AZ you're all beat up! WHO DID THIS TO YOU?" Kayla then paced around the room.

"I'm going to eat them! Nobody messes with my roommate!" AZ lowers her head down and chuckles.

"I'm grateful you would go to war for me truly." She jumped a bit when Kayla whirled around to face her.

"This is a serious matter AZ! Did you join a fight club?" AZ leaned back when Kayla invaded her personal space. "Do you owe money?!"

"What if you're being blackmailed and you joined this fight club to help you get some and pay the dealer back Oh. My. God." AZ watched her roommate panic.