chapter twenty

(progress)

(progress)

"DUE TO BEING AN AWAKENED SCION OF GA-" AZ SQUINTS HER EYES AS SHE TRIES TO REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING information that was provided in the textbook concerning the Legendborn

"DUE TO BEING AN AWAKENED SCION OF GA-" AZ SQUINTS HER EYES AS SHE TRIES TO REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING information that was provided in the textbook concerning the Legendborn. Her and William were in one of the couch rooms of the Lodge.  The healer was pacing back and forth listening intently to her choice of words. He stopped to give her a look when she trailed off. AZ cleared her throat and moved to recite again. "Due to being an awakened scion of Ga...wa..in" She blanched a bit at how she sounded before resuming back to her words.

"The Scion has the ability to call upon aether and use it to heal all sorts of wounds and injuries by casting Gawain's swyns. And." AZ pauses as she forgot the last sentence. "Shit what was that final part?" William let out a hum of humor before answering for her.

"My healing abilities also give me a pretty good sense of where the aether is." Immediately remembering AZ jumps up and points a finger.

"That's right, right!" She says as she turns to face him. "Kind of like a tour guide." She comments and he shakes his head in amusement.

"Ah yes, tour guide for the injured. Has a nice ring to it, thank you." AZ fake bows.

"I'm glad I could help." She says just as sarcastically. She thins her eyebrows together before another question runs out of her mouth.

"So with your healing abilities. Does you seeing aether on the injured is it more...how should I say more enhanced than the other Legendborn seeing aether?" She asks, hoping it makes sense to him.

"It's definitely faster and clearer since I am able to see the injured in a close peripheral vision than most. Not far away from what we say when a Shadowborn is in our midpoint."

"I never thought of it that way." AZ muttered as she moved her eyes to her lap.

"But really anyone's ability to see aether, a human to be exact, is what we call the Sight." AZ narrows her eyebrows. "The Sight? I guess that's fitting." The healer moves to join her on the couch. She happily scooches to give him some space.