chapter twenty two

(where do we go from here?)

✧・゚: *

✧・゚: *✧

✧・゚: *✧

IT FELT LIKE THE UNIVERSE WAS IN HER PALMS AS SHE REACHED OUT AND WAS BEING PULLED IN

IT FELT LIKE THE UNIVERSE WAS IN HER PALMS AS SHE REACHED OUT AND WAS BEING PULLED IN. THE SENSATION OF THE MOVEMENT WAS SO STRONG. It felt like AZ was flying and then it had stopped. She falls forward on her palms, dizzy and heaving large gulps of dusty air. Bree is one stop behind her, breathing heavily.

AZ groans as she still feels that dizziness. "Ughh." She begins to complain. "I'm so glad I didn't eat anything before this." Scratching her head she slowly tried to wobble herself back up, but failed when she felt herself trip again. Luckily Patricia was there to hold her steady.

"You guys are alright." She reassures. Bree is still on her palms. Patricia is standing in between the cousins. Her soothing voice reassures them both as they look at their hands. AZ sees a bit of dust on them as she moves to observe the scenery before her. They weren't outside, no, they were rather locked in. Some house. No. A cabin. She squints her eyes hearing a woman moaning nearby, a strangled sound of pain. AZ follows the sound and double takes in shock.

The small, rectangular space is lit only by a waist-high replace in the middle of the longest wall. The walls are made of rough-hewn wooden planks, and between every few boards are small scraps of cloth stuffed between gaps to shore up the openings against the night. Beside them on the dirt door are two thin blankets, smudged brown, with tattered and uneven edges. AZ knows this isn't one of her strange dreams, this felt real just like how she spoke to that woman in the water.