The cupids are here

Today we are hiking. After last night I sensed something has changed between me and Kabir. I smiled at him in the morning and he nodded. As soon as we had breakfast Kabir took the leads to our destination.

I heard from Rohan and Karan that he loves travelling and adventure things . Honestly this was also new news for me . Whenever I think I know everything about him , he gives me surprises. With all our gear we started to walk behind him .
I also hike once or twice a month .

As we are 13 people we are paired up and Kabir is at the front . I am at the very end with Anushka .

" Oh fuck " Rohan shouted and Rohan fell back and due to which I also loose my balance and I also fell with Anushka.

" Shit "

"WHAT THE HELL ROHAN " Anushka shouted

Rohan was flailing his arms and he looked freaked out . The rest of the group were gathered around us curiously.

" what's wrong Rohan? Kabir asked

" When I was walking on this narrow trail, out of nowhere a squirrel jumped right onto my shoulder. I get startled " he replied

" And you made us fall down with you just because of a squirrel?" Asked Anushka offended .

" If it had happened to you, you would have known" he replied while still startled and I couldn't' control my laugh . It was looking like a scene from a cartoon. I was laughing uncontrollably and the rewind boys joined me too . Then we all started laughing. Kabir smiled .
Then the three of us got up and cleaned our clothes from the dirt.

" That's definitely a unique hiking experience Rohan " Kabir teased him

" And we are glad you survived the squirrel attack " I added and once again we started laughing.

~~~

" Guys we are going to reach so get ready to witness a breathtaking scene " Kabir instructed us .

" Finally" Anushka said " I had to walk so much even today"

" Is something special today " I asked before she could reply I heard " SURPRISE" I looked ahead to see Ishan and Ira there with a broad smile on their faces. I was confused and then suddenly they started to come towards Anushka and wish her a happy birthday. I didn't know that today was her birthday . I wished her too and then we walked again for a few minutes and there was our destination .

~~~

The campsite is being adorned with twinkling fairy lights and colorful balloons. They have set up a speaker too. The fire pit was placed in the middle. At one place they have put gifts for her. I felt bad because I didn't have anything to give her right now.