Chapter Forty-Three : You Were Nothing Before Me

THE MOUNTAINS

DAY 5 BACK IN THE SCORCH

17:43 HOURS

Buck

I was going to go insane

I really was

And so was Charlie

   Thomas and Minho were at each others throats. Minho would hit on me, Thomas would get mad, Minho would make fun of him, and Thomas would get mad again. It was a never ending cycle. At least Joey wasn't in here. Then the car ride itself would be insufferable. In fact, if those two were stuck in a car together, I think one of them would end up out a window. Halfway through the drive Minho realized that Joey was sitting in front of the back window of Bertha, so he made it his life's mission to get Joey's attention. Once he got it, the two boys had a competition of who could flip each other off the most. It finally ended with me grabbing Minho's face and throwing him back into his seat.

At least Thomas had some self control.

   Other than that, the view was mesmerizing as we drove through the desolate world and up to the tall rocky mountains. The sun was getting low over the horizon and we were now starting to climb up onto those mountains. The Right Arm was close, I knew it. They never changed camp, the mountains were too good of a spot to give up. It was secluded and had cover from WICKED; not to mention the Cranks would never climb up this high. It was perfect.

The view was defiantly a bonus.

   "Buck, are we almost there?" I heard Charlie ask for the fiftieth time behind me as he gripped my chair and pulled himself forward so that his head was between me and Thomas.

   "I already told you Muffin, I have no idea." I responded and Charlie whined.

   "But I've really got to go!" He said and I let out a groan.

   "Number one or two?"

   "One."

   "On a scale of one to ten?"

   "Eight."

   "Eight?!" I asked irritated as I turned my head at him for a split second before looking back to the road. "Your at an eight and you didn't think to tell me that earlier when we stopped for supplies like half an hour ago?"

   "You looked busy!"

   "I was sitting in the car the entire time!"

   "Yeah! And you looked very busy sulking!" He argued but I sent him back a glare.

   "I was not sulking Charlie." I argued but he shook his head in return.

   "Yeah huh! You were all emo and shit." He said and I sent him an even more irritated glare.

   "Then why didn't you tell me after we were driving? I would have stopped." I told him.

   "I didn't have to go then!"

   "You just admitted that you did!"

   "Okay, well, you seemed to be in a bad mood."

   "Bad mood?! I was NOT in a bad mood!" I argued at him aggressively but he just raised his eyebrows at me. "IM NOT IN A BAD MOOD!"

   "Suuuuuuuuuuuuure you're not."

   "I'm not in a bad mood!"

   "Yeah huh!"

   "BUCK STOP THE CAR!"

   I suddenly slammed my foot onto the breaks as I looked forward at Jorge's stopped car in front of us. Everyone was holding on for dear life as I put the car in park. I turned to look at everyone to make sure that they were okay, but then suddenly, I watched as Minho took one of Charlie's rocks and slipped it down Thomas's shirt.